Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

"offical" Short Throw Shifter Thread!!

9K views 75 replies 29 participants last post by  bc3tech 
#1 · (Edited)
:soapbox:
Ok here is the down low i have been looking at the short shifters and anything to improve the shifting on the car other than clutches, i have found three....:hungry: i see it as the faster you shift is the faster you get down the quarter mile and better trap times... i think alot of companies have overlooked this part of our cars!!

B&M short shifter
PRICE:$144.00
ACCESSORIES: shit knobb included
ON: WWW.MODERNPERFORMANCE.COM
BENNIFITS: (30% less throw) shit knobb always stays on

HURST short shifter
PRICE:$139.00
ACCESSORIES: shift knobb included
ON: WWW.NORTHERNAUTOPARTS.COM
BENNIFITS: 28% LESS THROW (avaliable throught JEGG's nov.11)

PCLEARS
PRICE:$90.00
ACCESSORIES: SHIFT KNOBB
ON:FORUMS (PM PCLEAR)
NO REVERSE LOCKOUT

*NEW*
RACING SHORT SHIFTER
PRICE: $49.00+ SHIPPING
ACCESSORIES: NONE
WERE:http://www.mufflermall.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&currency=USD&products_id=568
REDUCES UP TO 60% THROW AND HAS REVERSE LOCKOUT!!!

please let me know if i have missed any of them and i can update the thread thanks!:bananahum

See less See more
#55 ·
new pics of pclears shifter guys looks tit i like it!

#57 ·
blurryredline said:
new pics of pclears... tit i like it!

Sorry I had to... I'm still stuck between the B&M and the Hurst. The knob on the B&M is kinda blah looking, but the Hurst is too distracting, it doesn't really go with the rest of the interior and the writing on it is a bit much for me. I dunno. Leaning toward the B&M though... always liked the brand.

#58 ·
Bit the bullet and bought the B&M.

See what happens when I get bored... My car gets presents!!! :bdaysmile

#59 ·
max_boost said:
Here are the pics of the Hurst from .Net

dats dead sexy. :D I want one.

#62 ·
when i asked twn they specifically said theirs will not fit the colbalt ss or ion redline... just fyi.. i believe it says that on their ebay auctions as well.. or i would have bought one.. loved their one in my nissan

#63 ·
ok so no TWM short shifter for our cars yet but give it some time!!!

#64 ·
Ok so I'm confused on why reverse lockout is such a big deal. I mean cars Before Like 2000ish didn't have them and there were no real problems. Also why does not having reverse lockout make it hard to find 5th or is that another reason?

#65 ·
its hard to find 5th now because the lockout was the only thing that prevented the shifter from going far enough right to miss 5th, since the lockout doesnt work you can push the shifter as far right as reverse and you will totally miss 5th. Most of the time I still hit 5th normally but there have been instances where I miss and have to feel for it.

#69 ·
its all up to personal preferance people if you want the performance with OEM features then get the one with reverse lockout... if you want the one that best performance then get the one with the shortest throw!!!!

#70 ·
ok the more i have looked for short shifters alot of things and applications are telling me that anything for a cavalier and sunfire i belive will have an 80% chance of working just read the car applications before you buy it!!!

#72 ·
I just ordered the B&M myself. I had one in my last car and I really liked the way it felt. (I know Spooner would agree) Plus, it's the only one that comes with the shifter base bushings. (PITA to put on but definately worth it.)

As far as voiding the warranty, I don't see how any shifter could do that but I don't know for sure.

#73 ·
so let me get this right, the hurst does NOT come with the new bushings?

#75 ·
that sucks. i thought it was the same as the b&m?

#76 ·
vandy0419 said:
Someone on shortbus has pics up of it...official ones because they actually got theirs

EDIT: Oh and yes, PClears thread is still on their How To...I think the bottom of page 3 right now.
nope - think the how-to's officially gone now. :soapbox:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.