Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

"offical" Short Throw Shifter Thread!!

9K views 75 replies 29 participants last post by  bc3tech 
#1 · (Edited)
:soapbox:
Ok here is the down low i have been looking at the short shifters and anything to improve the shifting on the car other than clutches, i have found three....:hungry: i see it as the faster you shift is the faster you get down the quarter mile and better trap times... i think alot of companies have overlooked this part of our cars!!

B&M short shifter
PRICE:$144.00
ACCESSORIES: shit knobb included
ON: WWW.MODERNPERFORMANCE.COM
BENNIFITS: (30% less throw) shit knobb always stays on

HURST short shifter
PRICE:$139.00
ACCESSORIES: shift knobb included
ON: WWW.NORTHERNAUTOPARTS.COM
BENNIFITS: 28% LESS THROW (avaliable throught JEGG's nov.11)

PCLEARS
PRICE:$90.00
ACCESSORIES: SHIFT KNOBB
ON:FORUMS (PM PCLEAR)
NO REVERSE LOCKOUT

*NEW*
RACING SHORT SHIFTER
PRICE: $49.00+ SHIPPING
ACCESSORIES: NONE
WERE:http://www.mufflermall.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&currency=USD&products_id=568
REDUCES UP TO 60% THROW AND HAS REVERSE LOCKOUT!!!

please let me know if i have missed any of them and i can update the thread thanks!:bananahum

See less See more
#3 ·
I paid $145 for the Hurst shipped.

#5 ·
socalsilverRL said:
PClear' shorty shifter is what id buy (if I didnt already have a B&M), support the RLF...
The PClear one does away with the reverse lock out and I have heard from someone who has it that it can sometimes suck finding 5th...

#6 ·
wow that sux all theese ones have a knobb sett for the reverse lockout! and i had a TWM for my last car and it was awsome!

#7 ·
^^^yea...i get how that could suck...(finding 5th in the 1/4mi?)
You get the same problem with the B&M if you dont screw on the knob far enough...but, if you screw it on too far, you get NO 5th or R...

#10 ·
TWM is a great product and i just want the rest of the forum to bennifit from me finding of this short throw shifter.... might be getting it soon when i do i will do a complete write up!

#12 ·
maybe PClear got the "you must pay to advertise products on this forum..."
...or maybe he just doesnt even offer the shifter anymore...

#14 ·
well with no reverse lockout and jurry rigg'n shit... how much was this phantom shifter kit of his?

#15 ·
socalsilverRL said:
I don't see why his how to should matter...it was a matter that he had pics and list of items and everything showing how someone could do it on their own. I was wanting to do it sometime...

#17 ·
iirc, the shifter kit was around $99...it was a cavi short shifter, with a modification on the shifter, to allow for the right to left selection (2,4,R or 1,3,5) to work right...
I mean you can find $50 STS's for Opel Astra's and SAAB's on the eGay...im sure you could get those to fit. as they use the same basic shift linkage...

#18 ·
any questions pm me ... thats all i can say sorry ...

#21 ·
sheek360 said:
can someone post pictures of all the available shifters?
there you go man still looking for pics of the hurst shifter though!!!!

#23 · (Edited)
blurryredline said:
there you go man still looking for pics of the hurst shifter though!!!!
Someone on shortbus has pics up of it...official ones because they actually got theirs

EDIT: Oh and yes, PClears thread is still on their How To...I think the bottom of page 3 right now.

#26 ·
socalsilverRL said:
yes that's what he got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.