larger throttle body - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

larger throttle body

Check it out at Saturn Motorsports, A larger throttle body I wonder if it will work well with the psi fi kit or if they may need to alter the map.

05 CGM STi, BC 2.71L stroker, Ported & polished heads, BC race cams, Ti retainers and inconel +1mm valves, Swain coated pistons, T4Z hta ar 1.06 (bigger than the gt35r I had
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, coolingmist vari-cooler, Perrin FMIC, TXS DTEC, TXS Utec (for launch controls and map based mapping, invidia N1 catback, perrin "sways and endlinks", UR 1200cc injectors, agency power pulley, walbro 255, cobb v2 ap protuned by surgeline tunning Tim Baily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 12:39 AM

Thumbs up

i saw that also what kinda gains will you see out of a throttle body i had a throttle body spacer on my turbo cavy sounded good but no noticable gain

PSI needs to get to work i want this kit lol

freak my warranty anymore lol
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Man I thought more people would find this interesting cause srt4 are getting like 25 horse at the wheels with these. Check it out at the srt forum. not to mention GTSdaytonas got one coming for his.

05 CGM STi, BC 2.71L stroker, Ported & polished heads, BC race cams, Ti retainers and inconel +1mm valves, Swain coated pistons, T4Z hta ar 1.06 (bigger than the gt35r I had
, coolingmist vari-cooler, Perrin FMIC, TXS DTEC, TXS Utec (for launch controls and map based mapping, invidia N1 catback, perrin "sways and endlinks", UR 1200cc injectors, agency power pulley, walbro 255, cobb v2 ap protuned by surgeline tunning Tim Baily

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 01:59 PM

Thumbs up

i may buy one then after PSI kit of course lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister redlines
Check it out at Saturn Motorsports, A larger throttle body I wonder if it will work well with the psi fi kit or if they may need to alter the map.
SMS offers an "electronic" LSJ throttle body now? (They used to only have "normal" ECOTEC bodies opened up to 62mm and necked down to 58mm at the intake IIRC)
The LSJ electronic TB is already larger that that. However I was considering testing the larger electronic TB used on the V6 L-series and VUEs- but I'm not certain if it was electrically compatible.(Maybe the VORTEC V8s??)
WOT

Last edited by WopOnTour; 07-04-2005 at 02:16 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WopOnTour
SMS offers an "electronic" LSJ throttle body now? (They used to only have "normal" ECOTEC bodies opened up to 62mm and necked down to 58mm at the intake IIRC)
The LSJ electronic TB is already larger that that. However I was considering testing the larger electronic TB used on the V6 L-series and VUEs- but I'm not certain if it was electrically compatible.(Maybe the VORTEC V8s??)
WOT

I'm not sure what they are using but I just checked their site and they listed the RL and the reg ION. I am going to call Wes on tues to get more details.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 05:51 PM

im cheken them out tomarrow ill let everone know the deal....w some gains.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:47 PM

i just got off the phone with wes and he said itd be about a 3-5 horsepower gain......but better throttle response than anything.

i knew they'd put out better response, just wasnt sure about the gains.

well there u go guys, now u have an idea....

2004 Ion Redline "The Man In Black"
GM Stage 2, Aem Short Ram.....i love my car

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 06:14 PM

How big do you want, it's already 3 inches wide or 76 MM.

[IMG]http://*************/gallery/files/1/0/9/DSCN0795.JPG[/IMG]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 06:33 PM

no... the inside tapers, the best place to measure would be right by the butterflys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in