Pulley technologie 2,85" pulley vs PSI-FI 2,8" pulley kit, air/fuel ratio comparison. - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Pulley technologie 2,85" pulley vs PSI-FI 2,8" pulley kit, air/fuel ratio comparison.

Hi !

Have you look on these two different graphs ?

http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=5461 (see post #20)

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

It seems that the air/fuel ratios are near the same ! What are your comments about it ???

Why on the Revitup web site they claim a 45whp gain from the PSI-FI kit, where dyno shows about 25whp and 30 ft torque ? These are nice gains nervertheless...

Personnaly, I bought a 3" pulley from Pulley Technologies, and will install it friday ...

Thanks, have a nice day !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 05:57 PM

that graph on ebay can not be right, dont believe it. I know my peak hp did not go up with just the pulley swap I know clownhair can shine some more light on the subject. Hes done a lot of experimenting with it. Plain and simple the computer will not let your car boost the hp with just that pulley. Otherwise psifi would not have gone through all that trouble to get the gains that they have made.

Mine --> 2010 Graphite Grey Legacy 2.5GT Limited

Wifes -> 2011 Graphite Grey Legacy 2.5i

"FRO" member
"d-pad-4-lifers" member #3
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc007
Hi !

Have you look on these two different graphs ?

http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=5461 (see post #20)

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

It seems that the air/fuel ratios are near the same ! What are your comments about it ???

Why on the Revitup web site they claim a 45whp gain from the PSI-FI kit, where dyno shows about 25whp and 30 ft torque ? These are nice gains nervertheless...

Personnaly, I bought a 3" pulley from Pulley Technologies, and will install it friday ...

Thanks, have a nice day !
Well first of all you cant compare apples to apples looking at 2 graphs from 2 different cars on on 2 different dynos, under different conditions.
Look at the % of increase only (not actual numbers) and that will be as close as you can get as a comparison.

I am very skeptical of the eBay graph. I know a guy over at the CobaltSS forums (whose car these are apparently from) was all spoutin off that you dont need any mods to run a 2.85" pulley, but we all know otherwise- and from first hand experience on numerous fronts. So whatever

I also meant to ask ExHondaman about his PSI-FI dyno graphs as it appears it was shut down at 6000 rpm to me. Not sure why but as we have found, the LSJ is "makin bacon" all the way up to the rev limiter, sooooo

WOT

Last edited by WopOnTour; 09-17-2005 at 09:23 PM.

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 10:01 PM

Dont know why they shut me down at 6k..... It pulls like son of a gun all the way to redline...I wasn't present at the dyno run... I had to drop the car off and go to work... picked it up on lunch... I was disappointed that they didnt go all the way to RL.... hey WOP I had a Q for you on the other forum....

http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=5461
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 10:09 PM

Like everyone is saying there is no way you can push that much air without the factory ecu going crazy. There are multiple checksum(lookup) tables that the ecu goes through in its diagnostics(part throttle) as well as wot drive schedules. If it was this easy we would have released just a pulley and tensioner months ago. Ex i saw the other thread try cleaning off the plugs and gapping em back up to .032 and see if they get a little more chocolate in color.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Like everyone is saying there is no way you can push that much air without the factory ecu going crazy. There are multiple checksum(lookup) tables that the ecu goes through in its diagnostics(part throttle) as well as wot drive schedules. If it was this easy we would have released just a pulley and tensioner months ago. Ex i saw the other thread try cleaning off the plugs and gapping em back up to .032 and see if they get a little more chocolate in color.
Thanks mark.... Ill regap them tomorrow and let you know how they look in a few hundred miles.. BTW I PMd you and Mike at cobaltss.com w/ a few questions..
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-17-2005, 10:34 PM

I have been running this on my car for around 2 weeks now and I have not had one dtc or limp mode occurence yet. So I am not sure yet until something happens
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownhair
I have been running this on my car for around 2 weeks now and I have not had one dtc or limp mode occurence yet. So I am not sure yet until something happens
The 2.85" or the 3"??
WOT
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WopOnTour
The 2.85" or the 3"??
WOT
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-18-2005, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownhair
OK so just what has changed since you had all the DTC issues with the SFPH pully you had???
Are you saying 0.05" larger (2.8" vs 2.85") has made just as much HP and isnt bringing on the MIL??
WOT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in