nos 50 shot dry - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

nos 50 shot dry

What do you guys think about a 50 shot dry on our cars ???
Thinking about doing it so please those that know much anout nitrous please fill me in . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:38 PM

ive always been too afraid to use nos ........ that stuff IMO is like playing with anthrax

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Alpha)"Stick and Stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me!"...(XS)"What if I threw a dictionary at you? Those words will hurt."(SLS)Haha...Stick em both in the back of the RL...Twincharged.*rimshot*
additional mods:PCLEAR'S custom Shorty shifter, Custom HPT
post #3 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:05 PM

Bad call. From my research I have found that wet is the way to go with boosted applications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjwannabe
he is from the redline forums and everyone over there is pissed because of all the stupid theards that have been posted. Like a 4 pass intercooler which actually seems to be like a dual pass, which in turn is only like $50 to make your self not 379 like jbp is selling them for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KruxRedline
No need. It's not the bullets or the Asians. It was Vin's mighty "NAWSSSS" scream that made it explode.
Member #001 "a ignorant" club

post #4 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:08 PM

id go with a wet shot.. if you gonna juice it id play it safe and go with wet.
post #5 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 08:59 PM

theres alot of topics about this, and everyone has mixed emotions on it. I know that there are a couple ppl on the boards that have played with nos, but no1 can predict the wear and tear it will put on ur car in the long run. Apparently the nos will wear down the gears in the SC very easily but im not sure. I would love to try it too, but its winter now and that means i can even go past like 3000 rpms lol let alone nos.
post #6 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:14 PM

nos is all good.. best price for power.. but a wet shot is much safer than a dry shot anyone will tell you that.. your adding the needed amount of fuel with the correct amount of juice.. zex is the most user freindly
post #7 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 09:55 PM

dont forget venom its alot safer than even zex, at least the vcn2000 is.

05 CGM STi, BC 2.71L stroker, Ported & polished heads, BC race cams, Ti retainers and inconel +1mm valves, Swain coated pistons, T4Z hta ar 1.06 (bigger than the gt35r I had
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, coolingmist vari-cooler, Perrin FMIC, TXS DTEC, TXS Utec (for launch controls and map based mapping, invidia N1 catback, perrin "sways and endlinks", UR 1200cc injectors, agency power pulley, walbro 255, cobb v2 ap protuned by surgeline tunning Tim Baily

post #8 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

well im not sure really cuz from what i hear a 50 shot dry is alright since its a small shot. They told me that if i wanted to go higher id defineatly have to switch to wet to be safe. . .
post #9 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 11:34 AM

trues a 50 shot is better than a 75 shot.. but a 50 wet is better than a 50 dry.. zex is EASY to install to.. venom is vehicle specific.. its the kit for the gizmo gadget crowds
post #10 of 89 (permalink) Old 12-08-2005, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_Sum
well im not sure really cuz from what i hear a 50 shot dry is alright since its a small shot. They told me that if i wanted to go higher id defineatly have to switch to wet to be safe. . .
if you add nitrous, you need to add fuel in some manner. doesn't matter what size the shot is.

I had mentioned fuel puddling back a ways with the intake manifold you guys have, but after much research I pushed myself to do thanks to Sp00ner's suggestion I'm not so concerned. I still woudln't go higher than a 75 shot at least for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted ion
trues a 50 shot is better than a 75 shot.. but a 50 wet is better than a 50 dry.. zex is EASY to install to.. venom is vehicle specific.. its the kit for the gizmo gadget crowds
haha well put. I really can't see the justification for spending that much on the Venom unit. Yes it works good and all, but you can buy an NX or N.O.S. unit and a Nitrous controller to do just about the same thing. Then again, with the investment used on that interface, it would somewhat explain it.

-Vinny
just a slowass 2.2 w/ a bottle
I'm not the next of them, I am the first of me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in