Made 260whp last night - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Made 260whp last night

Thats right, 260 whp and 211 tp @ 17psi in my RL. I got a greddy e-manage to work and after the 3 hours of tunning thats what I ended up with. So here is the scoop as of now (keep in mind that this is not the finished product yet)...

Running a intake, exhaust, 2.8" from SFPH, tensioner, Greddy E-manage unit, E-manage ignition harness, and greddy rpm adapter from a 350Z. After hooking up the E-manage and harness, the new system would only read 1/4 of the rpm's and the genaric rpm adapter deisgned for four cylenders wasnt helping. The tech from greddy recomended the 350Z rpm adapter.

That worked so we through it on the dyno and started tunning it. Thats when we ran into anouther snag. The tps went ape shit. It was reading as low as 30% compasity at some points. The really wierd thing is that it was random. Some times it would read normal, or just slightly balow. Other times it would sputter down and the car would almost die on us. All we did to fix that is unhook the tps all together.

The next snag (most of you probably already know what this is going to be) was fuel. The car obviously ran lean at first. we did get everything well within a good A/F ratio. At least until 5800 rpm when it starts to lean out a little bit. Sorry, Im at work right now and dont have the #'s in front of me. 6000 rpm and up, the stock injectors are running @ 100%. I have injectors and a new harness on the way but because of my up coming work schedual it will be 2-3 weeks before they go in. At that point the car will be retunned and the #'s will go up. My tunning guy said I can expect to hit roughly 275 whp, give or take a few.

The car feels great. Needless to say, it scoots along pritty and it's running great. It did take alot of work (about 5 hours) but damn, 260 at the wheels is damn good in my book. Alot higher then I anticipated. I will post up contact #s and prices in the Mid-west section on the forum so you locals can check out your options.

One more intresting piece of info... After this whole thing was said and done, he said a S-AFC would have worked to, as long as you hade a rpm adapter. However, the E-manage+Ignition harness is the recomended way to go because of the adition options in tunning.

Last edited by gm3saturn; 03-07-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 07:59 AM

Nice, I wish I lived in the Mid-west so I could get in on that. The only place around here is Central Florida Turbo, I have been there a few times, but they (for whatever reson) don't like messing with supercharged cars. (hence the name I suppose)

RedLine went bye bye
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Currently:
2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart 2.4L
18" black/chrome Katana wheels (17lbs ea)No REAL mods yet, more to come I hope
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:14 AM

thats awsome news mane.. i have a tunning shop that does tunes for corvettes and other big GM cars and he said once i find a way to tune he would help me get the car running perfect

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:59 AM

This is awesome news! Where are you located at? Now think what this would be like if you tuned it like this after you had the stage kits as well!

- Aaron

2005 ION Redline
Black, Competition Pkg - Welfare intake, Antenna delete, driled/slotted roots and ceramic pads....for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Deep Blue Saturn VUE - Totaled in an accident
2004 Electric Blue ION Redline - Destroyed engine, traded in

Best time: 14.48 @ 97.64 MPH (only mods were welfare intake and weight reduction)
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrew609
thats awsome news mane.. i have a tunning shop that does tunes for corvettes and other big GM cars and he said once i find a way to tune he would help me get the car running perfect
Good luck. Make sure you take our cars pin outs to the shop first because they may have trouble finding them.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Superd00d

I dont want to rain on the parade, but why not go with the stage kit for $425, as opposed to all that for $800, plus injectors and such? Seriously, no disrespect meant. Those are great numbers!

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:02 AM

sp00ner aren't they talking like 260 crank hp for stage 2? as compared to whp?

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
-George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov
I do love my car, it's kinda like being in love with a really hot Redneck girl who likes to burp, fart, and not brush her teeth every day. You know she has so much potential, if she could only get the little things right......
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Superd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
sp00ner aren't they talking like 260 crank hp for stage 2? as compared to whp?
It's about a 35hp gain as showed on the charts Alpha posted... for stage 1. Let alone stage 2. He does have a lot of tuning options now though. For those of us pushing 230 and above, like he was, it's a quick 260+.

My guess is he was just sick of waiting, and I can't blame him.

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline13
Nice, I wish I lived in the Mid-west so I could get in on that. The only place around here is Central Florida Turbo, I have been there a few times, but they (for whatever reson) don't like messing with supercharged cars. (hence the name I suppose)
Yeah, CFT is mainly crazy turbo cars, that and they don't know much of anything about the Redline or Ion platform. They think I"m nuts for getting my QC to run and turn what it does LOL. In time we'll have a local shop to help us out.

That is sweet, I've heard a lot of success stories with the Greddy unit from other people, just never on a Redline.

This is a pretty good sign of the power you guys can unlock with proper tuning.

-Vinny
just a slowass 2.2 w/ a bottle
I'm not the next of them, I am the first of me.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 11:26 AM

what i take this news as a way to really tune the entire car... with a simple program... no need for a smt-6 or some other piggy back type unit.. this thing plugs in you set your parapmeters and tune from it... this is good news.. now add this to the stage kits and 300whp is easy and safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in