Boost Gauge Not Working - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Boost Gauge Not Working

Yo, I recently bought a 06 Saturn IRL. The boost gauge doesn't seem to be working. I reconnected the power wire that runs to the fuse box next to your right foot with a "add a fuse." Soooo the 3 lights on each side of the gauge will light up now briefly when I start the car. But they do not light up with the rpms when driving. Ive tried pressing and holding the buttons on the back and just tapping them on off but nothing seems to get it to work with the rpms. The other thing is, the actual gauge won't build boost. It will go slightly slightlyyyyy above 0 when u first start the car but it wont build pressure. If anyone could help me that would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 09:41 PM

Garage
Check fuses. The ladder tach doesn't actually "build boost". It reads the kpa output of the TMAP and converts it. It's completely electrical.

2004 Saturn Ion Redline - S256ET | Ported Head
500whp/464wtq @ 28psi on E85

2000 Z28 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
318/304 NA - 435/380 N2O

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Gone but not forgotten.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 PM
dad

i have an 06 that i bought new and mine does the same thing. it stoped working about 4 years after i bought it

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad View Post
i have an 06 that i bought new and mine does the same thing. it stoped working about 4 years after i bought it
Hmmmm well could u do me a favor and check where the wires connect to the pcm. Someone spliced the white wire into two on mine. When I was looking on the forums about how to install a boost gauge they had 2 white wires installed and ran. So maybe this is my problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190519_171753_1558304393137.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	392.6 KB
ID:	31044  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in