Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  coaonline 
#1 ·
I just diagnosed my 04 Redline as the check engine light popped up and the the Service Vehicle Soon message pops up. It gave me a P0340 code, and i was wondering if anyone knows how to fix that. I also sometimes have to try starting the car a few times and when i idled the car to let the engine run (Not able to drive it on the road as i have no insurance on it yet, been sitting for 3months) and revved it to almost redline when the engine heated up a bit and after i would have like a thumping sort of noise when it goes back to idle. Im new to the car world and want to start up my project soon. Any help would be appreciated

#4 ·
Try doing thr stuff I suggested first.. the PCM might be trying to compensate for misfire readings?
Pop the hood start the car and key it just idle do you hear any noises?? Does the car surge just under idling conditions??

If you plan on keeping the car and moddng it get one of these best money on electronics i have different for my car

https://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

I run the duel setup... real time feedback on what's going on with the car... also reads and clear codes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.