LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 Old 11-21-2013, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
RedlineTouge

Post Ebay ZZP Long Tube Header Knockoff

the link for the part: Stainless Racing Header Manifold Dow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

REDLINE1313 on 01-17-2014, 01:42 PM
I also asked if they had any with the second bung fer O2 and they said it was something I would have to handle because they just sell them they dont make them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Jeff876 on 02-19-2014, 10:41 AM
question ;
This bolted up to my stock catback so I am assuming that if I were to order a ZZP catback that I would get the "bolts up to 2.5" flange" option correct?

watts_up on 02-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff876 View Post
question ;
This bolted up to my stock catback so I am assuming that if I were to order a ZZP catback that I would get the "bolts up to 2.5" flange" option correct?
yes correct
Jaizero on 09-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Sorry to necro but does anyone happen to know the diameter of the "cat" part the of the down pipe?
piratepress on 02-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Looks like ZZP has addressed this on the Ebay page for their longtube header: "Don't confuse ours with what some low life sellers are selling on ebay trying to copy our product. We investigated what they have and they indeed bought ours to try to copy ours, but in fact what they are selling has NO cat which will set off a check engine light for sure and you will fail any type of emission testings, there's leaks because angle on the downpipe is NOT correct, the V band clamp included will break leaving you stranded and they are so clueless that they say it is compatible with turbo model Cobalts. If they had any common sense they would know it is impossible for this to bolt onto a turbo car. You get what you pay for is all I have to say. You get quality here and worthless garbage over there. Everybody wants to save money, but in the end you will end up tossing out that garbage and buying ours anyways after you struggle with the issues the garbage will cause you. You do not want any exhaust leaks in a header setup. Your car will be slower than it was with a stock manifold. Our combo here includes a Magnaflow high flow catalytic converter that is 49 state legal and retails alone for over $120. We fabricate this right here in the U.S. with the highest of standards. Ours is guaranteed to bolt up perfect and include everything and will not fail!"
IONredlineRACER on 02-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Nice to see that ZZP is calling them out on it.
youngrwaggs on 02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
ZZP did a pretty terrible job at addressing that.

Should have left it at "You get what you pay for is all I have to say."

Sound way to whiny at the fact that folks are creating cheap cost/quality alternatives.
recaro86 on 02-10-2015, 04:49 PM
Haha! I agree, it probably is a scarily good knockoff.. I would still through my dollars towards zzp.
Jaizero on 02-11-2015, 06:05 AM
I've had the setup since October. The only issue came up a month later when I was having my O2 bung welded in and the mechanic broke the V-band clamp. He said they usually break because they are improperly installed in the first place. We replaced it with a $50.00 clamp used to secure the turbo to a Cummins Diesel and haven't had an issue since. The gaskets seem ok. I haven't noticed any leaking, however, my stock cat back doesn't sound very good with the higher flow of exhaust running through it. I don't think the stock resonator really appreciates it haha.. It's sort of a weird static sound you can hear on heavy acceleration. All in all, a good purchase as far as I can tell.
zdohare on 02-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Good to hear! Thanks for the updates!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in