Author Review
Cosmetic Benefit
Audible Benefit
Power Increase
Installation Difficulty
Product Quality
Overall Rating
85%

the link for the part: Stainless Racing Header Manifold Downpipe Exhaust 05 10 Chevy Cobalt SS ion 2 0L | eBay

it's surprisingly good quality with the welds and came with everything needed to be installed to stock catback or after market 2.5" installation was very easy, the threads on bungs on the header and dp threaded to the stock sensors no problem, only issue i had was since its a long tube header the new placement for the first o2 sensor was now to far back to be reconnected so my builder had to cut and solder high quality wires to extend it about 2" other then that it fits PERFECTLY obviously stock heat shield will not bolt up to this, the v band didn't not come with a gasket that kind of bummed me out but for the price cant complain other then that the dp and header gaskets were higher quality then expected. obviously since its a catless dp my car got louder, if you like loud then its perfect if you dont then id suggest adding a resonator to your catback, power wise i cant give you exact number without a dyno, but it definitely pulls better up top in 3rd and 4th gear and definitely gained low end torque due to the 4-1 design noticeable when in 5th gear at 65mph it picks up alot better while accelerating still in 5th, boost was not effected for me it stayed at 12psi, my supporting mods are custom cai and custom 2.5" catback with twin loop muffler. so far i say its worth the money shipping was fast and packaging was nice. but the true test of value will be the test of time i will re-review this header after a few months. hope this helps. fell free to ask any questions if you fell i left anything out.

vid of my exhaust before and after install of the header and dp
User reviews
There are no user ratings
I want to rate it!

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

philzoot007 on 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM
Glad ur happy. v bands do not come with gaskets. That's the point of a v band.

F_ck Bates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
RedlineTouge on 11-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philzoot007 View Post
Glad ur happy. v bands do not come with gaskets. That's the point of a v band.

F_ck Bates
ah i see, well my friend that was helping me put it together said good v bands come with gaskets? guess he has no idea either haha either way thanks for the info, always down with leaning something new!

recaro86 on 11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlineTouge View Post
ah i see, well my friend that was helping me put it together said good v bands come with gaskets? guess he has no idea either haha either way thanks for the info, always down with leaning something new!
No gasket needed, a little anti-seize can be good on the v band and bolt threads if you ever want to remove it though. That is a hell of a deal for any header, let us know how it holds up
RedlineTouge on 11-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
No gasket needed, a little anti-seize can be good on the v band and bolt threads if you ever want to remove it though. That is a hell of a deal for any header, let us know how it holds up
sweet thanks! and i will keep you guys updated, just got back from the mountains, ran with a few subi's lol, after that abuse the header held up. so far so good...
piratepress on 11-22-2013, 04:19 PM
I've had the catless ZZP longtube on my car about 9 months and the sound will mellow a little once some carbon builds up in it.
Jeff876 on 11-23-2013, 09:28 AM
So it didn't line up with the 02 sensor?
How much was it off by? I'm considering buying this right now but don't want to have to mess with that lol.
philzoot007 on 11-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Zzp makes a cheap 1 foot extension.

F_ck Bates
Jeff876 on 11-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philzoot007 View Post
Zzp makes a cheap 1 foot extension.

F_ck Bates
is this the one?
ZZPerformance - O2 Bung Extender #ZZ-O2BE

If so I'm going to buy this this week and give it a shot
philzoot007 on 11-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in