I'm FIRST and I've got pics :D - Page 5 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman
??? What's wrong with the rest of you guys? He's just excited he's going to be able to get a SKYRL. I don't know, do you feel like he's flaunting it or something? I didn't get that impression, he's just excited. Chill out....

Congrats Zville. Hopefully my wife and I will put down a deposit on one here before too long.
because he's not getting the SRL, remember superman, he's LEASING his IRL. I'm putting a deposit today actually for the SRL, but I'm willing to put money on the fact that I get mine way before zville does (if ever) even though he 'put his deposit down' before I did.....

Hell I'm trying to get put on 3 dealer's lists asap

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
-George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov
I do love my car, it's kinda like being in love with a really hot Redneck girl who likes to burp, fart, and not brush her teeth every day. You know she has so much potential, if she could only get the little things right......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 04:55 PM

I'll get one, but it'll be atleast a couple of model years before I get one.

We all know I'm willing to actually spend money.

I copy and paste RWD rocks into every thread.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'05 turbo ZX10r
'15 Chevy Trax (I'm old and boring now)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 05:01 PM

put down a 1 grand deposit, ouch, luckily it's refundable

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
-George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
I do love my car, it's kinda like being in love with a really hot Redneck girl who likes to burp, fart, and not brush her teeth every day. You know she has so much potential, if she could only get the little things right......

post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Superd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
because he's not getting the SRL, remember superman, he's LEASING his IRL. I'm putting a deposit today actually for the SRL, but I'm willing to put money on the fact that I get mine way before zville does (if ever) even though he 'put his deposit down' before I did.....

Hell I'm trying to get put on 3 dealer's lists asap
My dealer asked me today, if I wanted to be put on the 'test drive' list... I declined at this point, but they told me I'm more than welcome to test drive one as soon as they fill the back orders. First they're gonna call me for a regular one, and they promised I could get a crack at driving the first demo RL Sky that comes in. I hope they're not BSing me.

'05 Stage 2 Redline -One of the few Red REDlines

Sp00n's HP Tuned GM Stage 2, K&N CAI, SFPH 2.8" Pulley, GMPP Exhaust Manifold, B&M Shifter, GMPP Clutch, Eibach Drop, Stillen Rotors, ZZP Stage1 Axles, URC-Subframe, TqForward Strut Bars.

260whp 225wtq
1/4 - 14.0 @ 103.7

Red Red Line Club #001
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid
put down a 1 grand deposit, ouch, luckily it's refundable
Why? Just put in an order for one with your dealer, and they can put in for the RL version as soon as they get the go-ahead from Saturn.
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt
Why? Just put in an order for one with your dealer, and they can put in for the RL version as soon as they get the go-ahead from Saturn.
the dealers here said they haven't actually done anything yet in terms of the redline, and i'd rather be on the list *for the actual RL* than have to worry about them possibly forgetting to move me over, etc etc. I wanna be THE first in the area

and sp00ner, sweetness, I'm going to be watching for one around here to test drive with.

-George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:26 AM

I was actually suprised to see a sky last week. I didn't think they were going to be out until July. I went to North Carolina to help my business partner get our shop ready for the dyno installation. Our shop is in Kinston, NC but I flew into Greenville, NC. Sure shittin, on the way to his house we passed the Saturn dealership, and there was a Sky sitting out front. I thought it was probably just a solstice, so as soon as we got his folks back to the house we headed back to the dealership. It was indeed a Sky. It was the color blue like in the pics that alpha posted. Already had two scratches where the top attaches to the deck lid and almost every body panel was a little different shade of that blue. The salesman offered immediatly to let us test drive it, but was giving us all sorts of pressure too so we declined. We did however get the top down, the hood up and my business partner put the pedal to the floor one good time before the salesman rapidly turned the car off and took the keys. I think the best part was while we were looking at it, some dude stopped to ask us what it was. He obviously knew, but he was busting out his dumbass wife who was just sooooo sure that "It's a Honda. There is no way that sports car is a Saturn". Ahhhh, good times. We told the dealer we were waiting for the SRL anyway.

"Hoss"-owner
H & H Performance
HandHPerformance.com
'04 Redline- K&N Filter, solid trans mount, poly engine mount, 1.25" drop springs, 2.7 ZZP modular pulley, 42.5 lb injectors, BWoody traction bars, HPTuners, Custom Heat Exchanger and custom intake mod
post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 09:36 PM

Quote:
you haven't driven a RL though yet
hehehe You are correct it was not a Redline. however it does/did have the turbo so basically the I drove what Will be the the redline drivetrain
and Yes it was a Sky (No Redline Badges) but as All of you should know by now the Solstice and the Sky both roll down the same line in Wilmington the difference being when they get into GA. (one gets Solstice gear the other gets Sky gear under all the fluff they are the same car

2005 Black RedLine
K&N CAI
OEM style ladder/Boost guage
Stage II
BilletFlow 2.9 Pulley
Carbon Fiber Badge mod
Carbon Fiber Dual Gauge A-Pillars
Aeroforce Dual Interceptor Gauges
Hurst Short Shifter
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 11:29 PM

No fair, is that a tracktion control button I see at the bottom right of the dash there......

There were times it snowed just a tad here, and I sorta wished I still had that button in the middle of my dash.....
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-16-2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah1cobra
hehehe You are correct it was not a Redline. however it does/did have the turbo so basically the I drove what Will be the the redline drivetrain
and Yes it was a Sky (No Redline Badges) but as All of you should know by now the Solstice and the Sky both roll down the same line in Wilmington the difference being when they get into GA. (one gets Solstice gear the other gets Sky gear under all the fluff they are the same car

where did you drive a stock turbo one of either one????????

-George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in