About to order... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

About to order...

Sky Red Line Turbo! I test drove a base model 5-spd with leather today. It was Yellow and the reactions i got on the highway were nothing but jaw-dropping! That car is a serious attention getter. The dealer here is taking pre-orders on the 08 Turbo's for $500 then pay the rest in 9 months on delivery! Came out to $32K! So i think I'll get on the list come December 17th...Christmas come early...or late however you want to look at it. LOL.

What are the mods available right now? Exhaust, intake, manifold, suspension? I am assuming if we can get a hold of Opel GT parts they will work with the Sky turbo's eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 10:31 PM

i am sure there is lots of universal turbo parts available? you know a BOV, wastegate, downpipe all that crap...but not sure...gotta find out wut turbo and who makes it...first thing id get is a turbo time i think it is and crank that psi up lol probably be like 6mo-1yr for companies to come out with parts i would imagine

Current Car:

2014 Subaru WRX Limited
Cobb Stg 1+
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

well needless to say, there are ALOT of high HP ecotec 2L'ers out there. I heard of one in the dallas area built for SEMA at 1,000hp. So internal stuff is out. I just want to know whether im going to have to have custom exhaust, intake, etc built. I have designed a few of each, but mostly on Supra's and RSX-S as well as two desert racing trucks. Anyone have a link to a redline modder site?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2006, 11:13 PM

u def gotta post some pics when u get it and all that...www.intense-racing.com is a good mod site for the car....all i can thing of atm...there are about 5 or 6 i have seen

Current Car:

2014 Subaru WRX Limited
Cobb Stg 1+
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 10:43 AM

Awesome, good to hear it man! And welcome to the forums.

My wife and I are waiting on our '07 SKY Redline, and it will be in that gorgeous yellow color that you test drove. We're hoping that we'll get to place our order for it this week, and if we're REALLY lucky, it'll get here for Christmas. Probably will arrive the week after!

So far, there aren't very many mods for the Redline model. Kappasphere.com has a good number of visual mods for the SKY in general, and they are working on getting a hold of the performance ones as well. I have not heard of any intakes, exhaust, manifold, or suspension upgrades yet. Then again, the car has only been available about 2 months. I would think that by the time you get yours, there should be a fair amount of aftermarket products by then.

Luckily, with the SKY Redline, the sister Solstice GXP will really drive the market for aftermarket parts, so a lot of them should work on the SKY as well. It's a good thing, because as we've experienced here with the ION Redlines, Saturn isn't very high on the list for aftermarket companies to make parts for.

Good luck!

- Aaron

2005 ION Redline
Black, Competition Pkg - Welfare intake, Antenna delete, driled/slotted roots and ceramic pads....for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Deep Blue Saturn VUE - Totaled in an accident
2004 Electric Blue ION Redline - Destroyed engine, traded in
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best time: 14.48 @ 97.64 MPH (only mods were welfare intake and weight reduction)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in