Any LSJ tuners in or near Fresno area? - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Any LSJ tuners in or near Fresno area?

Just installed a stage 2 (3" sc pulley and 42 lb injectors) in my 05 RL and I'm looking for a good tuner in or near Fresno area that can help me with the tuning portion of the stage 2. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 03:53 PM

To modify the stock stage kit tune?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Mods: ZZP stage 3, 2.9 pulley, prefab pcm, 60lbers, AEM gauges, KandN CAI, SPEC stage 3+, ZZP S3 heat exchanger
ZZP long tube header, Strut bar, ZZP rear mount, Progress rear sway bar, Redline Tuning hood struts freshly installed.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I was not very specific. I came across a good deal on a GM 77.9mm 4 bolt SC pulley and a set of Lucas 42lb injectors (part of a stage 2 kit) this are already installed in my RL, I'm running the stock tune. Now I need to find a good tuner that will tune my RL to get the benefit of the added parts. I don't think my local GM dealer would be so kind to do a stage 2 tune, besides I believe they need the code that comes with the kit when you order it from them. So that is where I'm at, the RL is running ok but aside from the rich condition, I know from the P0172 code it has. Any help is appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
To modify the stock stage kit tune?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 09:59 PM
The Professor

I am up in Vacaville. I have HPT and could do a stage 2 tune and maybe modify it to your liking. Let me know.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 11:00 PM

You are running the stock tune or the stock stage 2 tune?

Mods: ZZP stage 3, 2.9 pulley, prefab pcm, 60lbers, AEM gauges, KandN CAI, SPEC stage 3+, ZZP S3 heat exchanger
ZZP long tube header, Strut bar, ZZP rear mount, Progress rear sway bar, Redline Tuning hood struts freshly installed.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

I'm running stock factory gm tune, only hard parts have been added (stage 2 pulley and injectors).
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, its not close but not far, just a nice 3 hr drive from Fresno. If I have no other choice I just might. PM me with a quote of how much your fees would be, so I can gauge my expenses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83 View Post
I am up in Vacaville. I have HPT and could do a stage 2 tune and maybe modify it to your liking. Let me know.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 04:18 PM

I can't believe that is running like that. Remove those injectors now... You're getting a rich code because you are pouring fuel into your motor man. Must smoke black and get terrible fuel economy?

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Actually its running pretty decent other wise good, no smoke no fuss just the code which I erased with my hand held scanner just to see what it would do. It started righ away when I finished installing the pulley and injectors, also took the opportunity to do a dual pass on the sc cooling. It pulls ok but I know it supposed to be a lot better with the correct tune. If its supposed to be running bad then I don't know what's going on with. I asure you its running ok with out any fuss, I'm just a little worried about the cat since I know for a fact a rich condition is not good for it, thats why I'm just driving it to and from work 5 mile round trip. Might have to drive it 3hr away to tennpenn83 for a tune if we are a le to arrange something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by recaro86 View Post
I can't believe that is running like that. Remove those injectors now... You're getting a rich code because you are pouring fuel into your motor man. Must smoke black and get terrible fuel economy?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 06:26 PM

I'd still swap the injectors. Leave the pulley and stay out of boost, and yes that is a lot of carbon on your cat. Either way hope you get a tune one way or another

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in