Push button start?? - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Push button start??

Not sure what section to put this in but anyways.

When my warrenty is up is it possible to put a "push button" to start my car. So when you turn the key it won't start it anymore but when I push the button it will like in an s2000(only car i can think of with it right now). My warrenty will be up in 2700 miles.

04 Ion Redline
---Mods---
2.8" pulley/42lb Injectors
---------------------------------------------
Best Time - 14.718
Best Trap speed - 100.42mph

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:36 AM
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=

Quote:
Originally Posted by korax123
Not sure what section to put this in but anyways.

When my warrenty is up is it possible to put a "push button" to start my car. So when you turn the key it won't start it anymore but when I push the button it will like in an s2000(only car i can think of with it right now). My warrenty will be up in 2700 miles.
pontless mod. Did it to one of my other cars for the hell of it. I regretted it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Documenting the build of my LSJ, as well as other influential cars.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:55 AM

i remember thinking about this and reading about a guy that did it, or was outlining how to do it, on saturnfans. IIRC it was pretty difficult despite the logic behind it - make the button close the circuit that the 'start' section closes on the ignition... i dont' remember it being that simple. i know there's somebody that's either done it or outlined how to do it on saturnfans, tho...

Member #002 - The

The '07 Aura XR
[Done] Intake res delete
[Next] Tint, Eibachs

-
QC
20/5 tint, SPS stb, CF dash, reflective bumper insert, 62mm TB, RL plugs, masked corners, progress rsb, RL fsb, 2.5" cat-back, triple pod w/ Boost, FPG, LC-1 & XD-16, filled front & rear mounts, pclear shorty shift,
, Eibach Pros, 8k HIDs - 188.28whp / 175.03wtq

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 AM
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech
i remember thinking about this and reading about a guy that did it, or was outlining how to do it, on saturnfans. IIRC it was pretty difficult despite the logic behind it - make the button close the circuit that the 'start' section closes on the ignition... i dont' remember it being that simple. i know there's somebody that's either done it or outlined how to do it on saturnfans, tho...
are you serious? it is rediculously easy. Cut the ignition wire, and put a high current swith between that and a really good ground (the ground wire that is along side the wire you cut works great)

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

I know it's pointless but it makes the car feel more sporty to me. I guess I would just like it for the cool factor lol.

04 Ion Redline
---Mods---
Best Time - 14.718

post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:14 AM

I think it'd be slick, given our car's ability to start itself after you've released the key.

Tap the dash and wait for it to crank.

In theory, you only need to put a high current momentary switch in place of the two wires that go to that part of the ignition switch. It might not even have to be high current, since it seems like our ignitions are just sending a pulse to the BCM.

Jay™
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:21 AM
The Flintstone

Hey guys, you can buy a kit that includes a pretty clear red button backlit, includes wires and instructions, chrome mounting bezel and everything from AutoZone or Advance Auto.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintIonQC
Hey guys, you can buy a kit that includes a pretty clear red button backlit, includes wires and instructions, chrome mounting bezel and everything from AutoZone or Advance Auto.
Ricer

j/k

04 Ion Redline
---Mods---
Best Time - 14.718

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRemorse
are you serious? it is rediculously easy. Cut the ignition wire, and put a high current swith between that and a really good ground (the ground wire that is along side the wire you cut works great)
k so clearly my memory fails me then.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 12:20 PM
=[ÜBER MODERATOR]=

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc3tech
k so clearly my memory fails me then.
I'm just speaking out of expierence, It took me no more than 30min to do on my old car

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in