my tweeter pods awaiting paint now... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter

my tweeter pods awaiting paint now...

ill be posting pics as i get stuff done on the system. these are fiberglass of course. similar in design to oem i want to keep it sorta factory looking ... very clean inside. ill finish the other side this weekend then i start on the outside mirrors. they are getting monitors in them instead of the glass thats there now.....

Last edited by zfactor; 01-15-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:04 AM Thread Starter

wait till i get to the trunk ......... man do i have some crazy shit going on back there. that will not be "clean" that'll be crazy. i just want the interior to remain clean looking....
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:07 AM

Thumbs up

looks good brother! if you decide to make any more pm me i would like a pair

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 01:26 AM

Sweet,Looks nice!Can't wait to see what you got in store for the trunk Are you gonna do SBN/Tuner Bash this year? I was thinking it might be a good meet for everyone here. I know some show car audio people there...Dave Rivera Jeremy Jason Tom...all those guys at Metra... I was thinking about doing somethin' more with my system and going down this year.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 05:01 AM

tell those bastards at metra to make a god damn installation kit for the 06 ions.. i've about had it with this stock BS and they are dragging their asses on coming out with one
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

ill call my budds at metra on on for you. ill see if i can get a 06 here and make the prototype kit for them....ive done that before for other cars..ill see what i can do for you..
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrew609
tell those bastards at metra to make a god damn installation kit for the 06 ions.. i've about had it with this stock BS and they are dragging their asses on coming out with one
Are the 06's different from 04-05's? I've never seen an 06 yet. Also do you need a dash kit or a harness, or both(turbokit). If you're just trying to mount a deck it shouldn't be too difficult to fab up some brackets for iso mount.
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 07:52 AM Thread Starter

no watts completly different and you cant just mount it iso in the new ones. ive installed a couple in the 06 ions already and what i do is use a mustang pocket kit from like the 03 model, and some textured black abs and some ca glue w/activator and glue the abs over the front of the mustang pocket (for strength) then fill the seams with some more ca glue. once the is done i make a small slit in the sides of the mustang pocket to slide in some back strapping. ca glue that in place and also put 2 small screws in to hold it while it dries. sand the whole thing down re-texture it, re-dye it. you cant tell its not factory but i have to charge $$$ for it since it takes forever to do..... ill make one as soon as i get another one in and i can send it off to metra if no one else has yet they will use it to make a mold for a kit. i have sent them other ones which they used before, and also american international....

im gonna make a mold of these pods before install so i can pretty quickly pop a few out for those that want them. should be like oh i dont know maybe 50$ or so for the pair im geussing, once i see how much time i have in them ill know for sure. these are aimed with sq in mind i spent a lot of time making sure these were "properly" aimed...... i used a full mic setup to do this.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 10:37 AM

Ahh I see what your saying about the kit,I assume Scoche doesn't make one either? I had do do the same and make my own custom kit for my old SL1 when I had the Clarion deck with the motorized dual face plate. It wouldn't clear and I had to cut the kit all up,then rebuild it with vette panel adhesive and glue and all that...

Are those the Image enhancement tweets from CDT? I used to have a pair of them a long time ago,I still have the x-overs with the extra tweeter out and the L-pad.
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 03:28 PM

Are thise Clif Designs? If so I had these as my components and coaxials in my SL1 powered by a Autotek Mean Machine. Unbelievable sound quality. Looks sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in