Hankook Ventus HRII H405 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rline06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kenner
Posts: 1,344
Hankook Ventus HRII H405

does anybody have these? how are they? i was just see if they were good.
rline06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rline06 View Post
does anybody have these? how are they? i was just see if they were good.
If you are looking for an in expensive summer performance tire, these are pretty good.

What are you looking for, year round performance, summer only? How much do you drive per year? Is it mostly on the street or on the highway? Are you looking for a long lasting tire? Is comfort a concern?

We'd be happy to make a recommendation for you.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rline06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kenner
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
If you are looking for an in expensive summer performance tire, these are pretty good.

What are you looking for, year round performance, summer only? How much do you drive per year? Is it mostly on the street or on the highway? Are you looking for a long lasting tire? Is comfort a concern?

We'd be happy to make a recommendation for you.
my boy is going to give me 3 of them for free. with about 3000 miles one them. i was just seeing if they are good enough then ill buy the 4th one.

i need new tires and this was just an option but i would really like to get good ones. the kind im looking for would be a good street tire that hooks. i really dont care if they ride rough cause the streets suck here anyway. my car is an 06 with 22,000 miles on it so i dont thing long lasting is a problom...lol if the ones im getting from him will work for what i want then thats cool.

thanks for answering bro...
rline06 is offline  
 
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 116
No problem, I wouldn't pass up three free tires, especially if they are in decent shape. Even if you get 5-10K out of them, that’s long enough to decide if you would buy them again. Go for it. We'd be happy to help you with the 4th if that’s what you choose.

-Travis
Discount Tire is offline  
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Richmond, QC, Canada
Posts: 519
they are nice but a bit noisy
Wiseion is offline  
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
rline06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kenner
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
No problem, I wouldn't pass up three free tires, especially if they are in decent shape. Even if you get 5-10K out of them, that’s long enough to decide if you would buy them again. Go for it. We'd be happy to help you with the 4th if that’s what you choose.

-Travis
i might but what about what i posted about other ones?
rline06 is offline  
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by rline06 View Post
i might but what about what i posted about other ones?
Oh sorry,

For a sticky street tire you could go as sticky as the RT615 or the NT01. These are DOT approved track tires. Don't let that scare you though, there are a lof of guys that run these everyday in the summer and a lot of them consider these to be some of the best RT tires on the market right now. They are super sticky and will grip better than any of the following tires. Downfall is, they aren't that great in wet conditions, they don't last very long and they really shouldn't be driven on in under 45 degree weather. Also in this class, the Nitto NT05 just hit the market. We should have pricing on this tire within a few days. They are aimed to last longer than the NT01 and have a little better wet handling as well.
Falken RT615
Nitto NT01


Next step towards a year round performance I would suggest the Nitto Neo Gen. I ran these on an 03 Lancer OZ that I owned for a few years and loved them. They gripped very well from a stop and on corners, they handled both wet and dry roads and I personally like the asymmetrical look. Expect to get about 22-32K out of these depending on how hard you drive.
Nitto Neo Gen

Lastly, I would suggest the Goodyear Eagle GT. These are awesome tires. They have almost all the technology that is in Goodyear’s F1 series without the price tag. Take a close look at these tires. This is one of the few tires that I like to call a cake eater. If you want your cake and eat it too, buy this tire. It is a high performance, quiet, longer lasting, smooth riding tire. It has interlocking tread blocks (tread blocks that lock together kind of like legos) for dry and wet driving conditions. It is an asymmetrical design that puts the proper tread design where you need it most. It also have wide channels to reduce noise and assist in water removal and siping for more biting edges if the road gets slick.
Goodyear Eagle GT

Last edited by Discount Tire; 02-12-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Discount Tire is offline  
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Blue04RedLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 4,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
Lastly, I would suggest the Goodyear Eagle GT. These are awesome tires. They have almost all the technology that is in Goodyear’s F1 series without the price tag. Take a close look at these tires. This is one of the few tires that I like to call a cake eater. If you want your cake and eat it too, buy this tire. It is a high performance, quiet, longer lasting, smooth riding tire. It has interlocking tread blocks (tread blocks that lock together kind of like legos) for dry and wet driving conditions. It is an asymmetrical design that puts the proper tread design where you need it most. It also have wide channels to reduce noise and assist in water removal and siping for more biting edges if the road gets slick.
Goodyear Eagle GT
Although I can't comment on the Hankook tires because I've never run them, I can say that the Eagle GT's are really a great set of tires. I've had them on for about 3 weeks or so now and I'm loving them. Haven't gotten a real good rain down here yet (although I know we will) but they've handled the water very very well already. I never realized how loud my BFG KDW2's were until I got them off the car and the GT's on it. They ride well which is a nice surprise (even over shitty roads) and they also hook awesome on the road.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I'd love to learn Japanese but it's so hard. There's like, almost no English in there.
Blue04RedLine is offline  
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Discount Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue04RedLine View Post
Although I can't comment on the Hankook tires because I've never run them, I can say that the Eagle GT's are really a great set of tires. I've had them on for about 3 weeks or so now and I'm loving them. Haven't gotten a real good rain down here yet (although I know we will) but they've handled the water very very well already. I never realized how loud my BFG KDW2's were until I got them off the car and the GT's on it. They ride well which is a nice surprise (even over shitty roads) and they also hook awesome on the road.
The new GTs are a sweet tire. Thanks for the review
Discount Tire is offline  
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Blue04RedLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Orlando, Fl.
Posts: 4,965
I forgot to mention that they look pretty good as well. The tread blocks on the outside look alot like the BFG KDW2s and I think that the look was awesome. Granted we're not an open wheel vehicle, but i do like seeing a good performing and good looking tire when I look at my car.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaJaguar5
I'd love to learn Japanese but it's so hard. There's like, almost no English in there.
Blue04RedLine is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: (2) 215/45R17 Hankook Radial K106's - (Metro Detroit, Michigan) SpeedyD Buy/Sell Parts 17 02-28-2009 03:54 PM
Stage 2 and some Hankook Ventus Rs-2 rubbers Kingofthehill General Discussion 10 03-08-2008 12:51 PM
Hankook Ventus R-S2 Z212 tire questions...please look bigd2010 Performance Modifications 6 02-10-2007 02:40 PM
HANKOOK K-106 V rated radials zeebees Product Reviews 0 03-27-2006 11:22 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome