Endlinks..... - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
The Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversatrn View Post
powergrid ftw!...easy install,great service,beautifully made product!....hey i know they are a little more expensive but you get what you pay for!...also know that they are not suppoprting vendors but i challenge the current manufacturers/vendors to produce a similar heim joint [sealed] and quality piece!......colm.
agreed

adjusting is simple. but you want to make DAMN sure that they are both the exact same length, otherwise, your car will oversteer in one direction, and understeer in the other.

stock is exactly 12" from the center of the bolt on one end to the center of the bolt on the other end. i made both of them this length, installed, and took a test drive. they worked beautifully. i then adjusted about 3/8" shorter on both sides (to a total length of 11 5/8"), and it's even better. you don't want to make them too short, as they will cause more understeer in driving your car, unless you add a rear sway bar to the car to more or less even it out.

remember, as i was told by the handling god Maven - longer = more comfortable, shorter = firmer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83 View Post
agreed

adjusting is simple. but you want to make DAMN sure that they are both the exact same length, otherwise, your car will oversteer in one direction, and understeer in the other.

stock is exactly 12" from the center of the bolt on one end to the center of the bolt on the other end. i made both of them this length, installed, and took a test drive. they worked beautifully. i then adjusted about 3/8" shorter on both sides (to a total length of 11 5/8"), and it's even better. you don't want to make them too short, as they will cause more understeer in driving your car, unless you add a rear sway bar to the car to more or less even it out.

remember, as i was told by the handling god Maven - longer = more comfortable, shorter = firmer.
yup..i forgot to mention the difference the rear sway bar makes...the combo of the sway bar and the powergrid endlinks makes for a much better handling car...a lot more fun to drive at the limit.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennpenn83 View Post
agreed

Thanks.....thats exactly what i needed to know. So if i want to keep it stock-like, just leave it at the 12" and if i was a little firmer just shorter both sides up exactly the same amount. Sweet. I'll be ordering a set of these when i order my tein lowering spring. might as well put them in when i lower the car.

bLaCK and SiLVeR kNiGhTz Member#49

06 IRL- traded in
Hello 09 SS/TC- K&N SRI, Megan racing catless DP, Hahn 3" catback, 0ttp charge pipes, Forge BPV, Pedders, rack spacers, rotated mount.

To be installed- ZZP intercooler

To be bought- Tune!

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
yup..i forgot to mention the difference the rear sway bar makes...the combo of the sway bar and the powergrid endlinks makes for a much better handling car...a lot more fun to drive at the limit.
what rear bar is the best for our cars anyway? I've never really looked into that......

06 IRL- traded in
Hello 09 SS/TC- K&N SRI, Megan racing catless DP, Hahn 3" catback, 0ttp charge pipes, Forge BPV, Pedders, rack spacers, rotated mount.

To be bought- Tune!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:59 PM

i have the bwoody full race adjustable bar....works awesome!!! took the lean out of the back all together!! the progress rear sway bar is a nice setup too.....just not adjustable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<---Click for CarDomain Site
#1 Owner of Clear Corners
#1 Owner of a 5 Seater RL (06 'balt SS/SC Black/Red Leather Rear Seats)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrred- View Post
what rear bar is the best for our cars anyway? I've never really looked into that......
personally I like the progress rear bar..I am a firm believer in craftsmanship... when I took the progress bar out of the box i was impressed that it was such a nicely made piece.I know that there are stouter/thicker bars out there and I am not an engineer , but i really like the progress bar and the rest of my suspension mods especially at the track.I also have a js strut tower brace btw..a lot of guys on here feel that its a useless addition because out strut towers are very close to the firewall and as a result should have minimal deflection but my purely unscientific ass felt the difference when i mounted it [before any other suspension mods].. i have tein springs as well. colm.

Last edited by silversatrn; 02-18-2009 at 10:12 PM.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 10:19 PM

those guys are full of shit.....strut braces work great...i noticed a night and day difference after i installed mine. front end got helllllla stiffer!!

<---Click for CarDomain Site
#1 Owner of Clear Corners
#1 Owner of a 5 Seater RL (06 'balt SS/SC Black/Red Leather Rear Seats)

post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
personally I like the progress rear bar..I am a firm believer in craftsmanship... when I took the progress bar out of the box i was impressed that it was such a nicely made piece.I know that there are stouter/thicker bars out there and I am not an engineer , but i really like the progress bar and the rest of my suspension mods especially at the track.I also have a js strut tower brace btw..a lot of guys on here feel that its a useless addition because out strut towers are very close to the firewall and as a result should have minimal deflection but my purely unscientific ass felt the difference when i mounted it [before any other suspension mods].. i have tein springs as well. colm.
yea i was gunna get a strut tower bar as well when i did all this. Might as well get all the suspension done at once and not have to worry about it for awhile. Hey could you post pics on your car from the side angles with the springs installed? I wanna see how it looks in silver, since mines the same color. Also how much did they(teins) lower total?

06 IRL- traded in

To be bought- Tune!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrred- View Post
mine....

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:39 PM
OG Factory Freak

I was gonna say....just ask what Qwikredline has on his car. /thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in