Cheap summer vs. good all seasons - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:40 AM

P- 2000. Or p3000 cant remember what i have on the front but have crapy rear tires crapy goodyear no name brand
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 AM

215/60 r15
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:16 AM

Crappy and Goodyear just don't go together, son! Goodyear makes a very good tire for nearly every application out there. Not saying they're the best, but they sure ain't crappy.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Ion View Post
Crappy and Goodyear just don't go together, son! Goodyear makes a very good tire for nearly every application out there. Not saying they're the best, but they sure ain't crappy.
I completely disagree with this statement. I worked for a goodyear corporate store and I can tell you right now this isnt true.

They make decent all season tires. Their truck tires all suck balls and have wicked balancing/wear issues and I hate the F1 all season. Numerous complaints were had with those tires.

The only good thing about goodyear is the fact that they make dunlop and other brands that are light years better than goodyears themselves.

Ive used numerous dunlops and all of my customers loved them. Id rather sell a dunlop or a cheaper tire because honestly....most of goodyear's tires are way to overpriced for the quality of them.

-Chris Sneesby
2004 Blue IRL
2018 F150 2.7 EB Race Truck
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica7 View Post
It's a Portuguese thing, you wouldn't make for understand.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:56 PM

i got them from goodyear dont know if they are goodyead but thats what they sold me. you made me forget what the tire was called.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:59 PM

i remember now, they were runways they sold me. more like they sell them and runaways with my money.. dont know if its a off goodyear brand or what
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm hungry

yeah I have the goodyear all seasons... they are alright, they wore out way quicker than I was hoping, not great in the snow... I'm hoping to get some winter tires for this years winter, and a summer for next years summer.

Mikeyredline, Audio God to the GMP-ONE

Page 1171 it's Eagle Time.

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantiskungfu View Post
yeah I have the goodyear all seasons... they are alright, they wore out way quicker than I was hoping, not great in the snow... I'm hoping to get some winter tires for this years winter, and a summer for next years summer.
well with my sweet wheels you'll be able to do that

-Chris Sneesby
2004 Blue IRL

Quote:
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalineRush97sl04RL View Post
I completely disagree with this statement. I worked for a goodyear corporate store and I can tell you right now this isnt true.

They make decent all season tires. Their truck tires all suck balls and have wicked balancing/wear issues and I hate the F1 all season. Numerous complaints were had with those tires.

The only good thing about goodyear is the fact that they make dunlop and other brands that are light years better than goodyears themselves.

Ive used numerous dunlops and all of my customers loved them. Id rather sell a dunlop or a cheaper tire because honestly....most of goodyear's tires are way to overpriced for the quality of them.
Still doesn't make them a "crappy" tire manufacturer. Overpriced? Maybe, but crappy is a form of opinion. Gotta look at the complete list of manufacturers with comparable tire characteristics vs. genuine complaints or issues related to the performance of the tire. Too many variables out there to say one makes a "crappy" tire. By the way, I'm not a Goodyear fan. I'm not a fan of any one type of tire. I just bought Eagle F1 GSD3's. I only have them for their performance characteristics. I've used Toyo Proxes, General, Cooper, BFG, Dunlop, Pirelli. I picked each one for the car I was applying them to in order to make it do what I wanted it to do and still be affordable.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Ion View Post
Still doesn't make them a "crappy" tire manufacturer. Overpriced? Maybe, but crappy is a form of opinion. Gotta look at the complete list of manufacturers with comparable tire characteristics vs. genuine complaints or issues related to the performance of the tire. Too many variables out there to say one makes a "crappy" tire. By the way, I'm not a Goodyear fan. I'm not a fan of any one type of tire. I just bought Eagle F1 GSD3's. I only have them for their performance characteristics. I've used Toyo Proxes, General, Cooper, BFG, Dunlop, Pirelli. I picked each one for the car I was applying them to in order to make it do what I wanted it to do and still be affordable.
Well by me being an employee at the time and seeing all the people complain about the quality of the tires and not only getting those complaints at my store but all of the stores in my district seem to back up my "opinion".

Goodyear makes some decent tires...but most of them are complete garbage. The F1 GSD3 is an awesome tire. Ive never once had a complaint about them and I know numerous people using them on all sorts of cars.

-Chris Sneesby
2004 Blue IRL

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in