Yep, apparently our 17"s have more clearance than ss/sc 18"s
How much $ are the ss/tc front brakes?
with a good deal around $1000 or just a hair cheaper

2009 SSTC sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 06:35 PM
whore whore whore whore

these fit on a stock rl rim? nfw! i do know the minimum rim size must be a 17, but other than that, i'm clueless....

i've had my factory rotors replaced under warranty @ 5k miles, and now at 13k miles my rear rotors are being replaced under warranty... i've never seen/felt worse rotors in my life until i felt the front and back of my rears... they are soo horrible, the grooves go in so deep, i wouldn't even be able to turn them

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
with a good deal around $1000 or just a hair cheaper

Hm-m-m-m, the Brembos for around $1000, Gravana's Baer's for $899 (requires a bigger rotor), Gravana's SSBC for $829 (requires a bigger rotor), or the DDMWorks Calipers for $595 (uses stock rotors - tested with stock Redline rims) -- hm-m-m-m, I wonder which makes sense...

For research references and facts: http://www.outlawdiscbrakes.com/anon...ing_oct_03.pdf

http://www.outlawdiscbrakes.com/downloads/info.doc

Pegasus - Keyword Search

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 09:43 PM

the plus to the upside to OEM's is you can find rotors a lot cheaper then the bears and ssbc
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 10:06 PM

bang for the buck **** hardcore rotor swap is the best\most worth the money u can get..... idk price yet, but look on CSS for info

or talk to Qwik

2009 SSTC sedan
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
bang for the buck **** hardcore rotor swap is the best\most worth the money u can get..... idk price yet, but look on CSS for info

or talk to Qwik
I'm sorry but that statement is hilarious. You say it's the "best bang for the buck" yet you don't know the price. Bravo, really, bravo

1 of 782 2004 Electric Blue ION Red Line -- 1 of ~720 Canadian Red Lines -- 1 of 292 Canadian '04 Red Lines

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

I know some people at a few dealers so I can get a discount on GM parts. So in the end it may be cheaper than a SSBC swap. Does anyone happen to know the parts needed to convert over?
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroState View Post
I'm sorry but that statement is hilarious. You say it's the "best bang for the buck" yet you don't know the price. Bravo, really, bravo
i kinda know a ball park price, but the price is being released officially in a few weeks......thats why i said look on CSS for info. Again if u r looking for stopping power not bling u cant beat theses for the buck

2009 SSTC sedan
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
i kinda know a ball park price, but the price is being released officially in a few weeks......thats why i said look on CSS for info. Again if u r looking for stopping power not bling u cant beat theses for the buck
i'd love to know how ****'s rotor swap is better then say the 4 or 5 other company's rotors made for our cars. (including GM)

i'm sorry, but unless the rotor gets bigger and squeezes itself against the caliper evenly on both sides and then magically stops your car with a gust of wind, i don't see how it gonna provide more stopping power than a 4 piston caliper.

08 Pontiac G8 GT.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 03:42 PM

The reasoning is more leverage and less weight. There are is already a lengthy argument on .net about this. Worth a read IMO.

'04 RL, Pedder's XA coilovers

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in