SS turbo Brembo brake swap - Page 5 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 10:44 PM

AFAIK, you can either use spacers, modify the LSJ knuckle, modify the Brembo Caliper, or use the LNF knuckle to make the conversion work, but that is putting together a lot of posts from a lot of threads, and without any good pictures or explanations.

Actually, it might have been modify the LSJ knuckle and the Brembo Caliper... lol.

Ok, so, like, yeah, umm....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 05:42 AM

I removed the 1.5mm from the caliper with a 5mm spacer, stock knuckle. Mine were salvage Brembo's with 12k on them. I have since put over 20k on them with 80 auto-x runs or so and are still on the same pads and rotors.

'04 RL, Pedder's XA coilovers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 11:51 AM

I have the big brake kit from SSBC and love them super

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 04:54 PM

Does anyone know of a company that makes rear calipers for the 06 redline? Mine are leaking brake fluid and the e brake hangs up and doesn't release all the way sometimes. I was hoping to just swap our the stock set up for the Cobalt SS brembo kit, but alas, the brembo kit is only for the front axle. Further research has been fruitless as all the aftermarket kits are also apparently for the front brakes only, nobody seems to have done anything with the rears. I've had the rears replaced twice now under warranty and need to find a fix for this before the dealer ship starts crying the car is out of warranty.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 09:14 PM
I <3 UR MOM

There really are not a lot of choices for aftermarket, but they are expensive.
SSBC :: A163-9

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

***04 Silver Turbo RL***
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 03-18-2011, 10:55 AM

I freakin Looove my EBCs 600$ all 4 corners installed, slotted, dimpled rotors, green stuff pads.

Massively better braking force. The only thing I can think of would be some bigger calipers but for oem replacement upgrade They really can't be beat. @ 60 they chirp twice as they trip over them selves stopping.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in