Pedder Pedders on a Redline - Page 5 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
Got my ring set yesterday just need the springs now Ott is completely worthless I swear.
tom at crate engine depot has lots and lots of pedders springs well priced fyi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoshadow View Post
I had to use the cobalt nut to secure the spring into the strut, the ION one would not work with the parts I had. We tried like hell with an impact wrench and it would not bite enough, used the cobalt one and it was snug flush against the plastic lock crap in the nut.
the only way that will work with the Cobalt nut, is if the spacer that is supposed to be integral to the strut mount has dislodged and is missing upon reassamby. Eventually without that spacer the strut mount metal will collapse around the strut shaft.

email me i can send you pictures, I dont have time to photobucket this stuff thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #43 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
tom at crate engine depot has lots and lots of pedders springs well priced fyi
Ya Ott has 60 sets on order they supposed to be there any day. I had a code for Ott so I got my springs for 322$ shipped. CED was 399$ plus shipping.

post #44 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Ya Ott has 60 sets on order they supposed to be there any day. I had a code for Ott so I got my springs for 322$ shipped. CED was 399$ plus shipping.
Did you actually call CED or was that the price on their site?

The thought is pure ambiguous

post #45 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity View Post
Did you actually call CED or was that the price on their site?
Onsite, I suppose I could see if CED could do better and cancel the Ott order since he obviously hasn't shipped em yet.
post #46 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
the only way that will work with the Cobalt nut, is if the spacer that is supposed to be integral to the strut mount has dislodged and is missing upon reassamby. Eventually without that spacer the strut mount metal will collapse around the strut shaft.

email me i can send you pictures, I dont have time to photobucket this stuff thanks
Ill email you qwik, but unless they didn't ship the mounts with this integral spacer you're regarding, nothing was missing man. The only pieces I had left was the two ION nuts. Everything was bought brand new from GM part numbers and put together, (I even did it twice with the spring compressor just to make sure the strut hat was clocked to the end of the spring's coil) then the entire assemblies were swapped on the car.

My car topped out at 140 miles per hour, this morning.
I need NOS. Two of the big ones, and I need it tonight.
post #47 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoshadow View Post
Ill email you qwik, but unless they didn't ship the mounts with this integral spacer you're regarding, nothing was missing man. The only pieces I had left was the two ION nuts. Everything was bought brand new from GM part numbers and put together, (I even did it twice with the spring compressor just to make sure the strut hat was clocked to the end of the spring's coil) then the entire assemblies were swapped on the car.
got ur email so i will send u pictures. I dont think the spacer will fall out on anew part but I have parts to look at in stock and will check because normally on the Ions the cobalt nut, just like GC says, wont fit. so I will try to help and we can see if it all is as it seems ; I want to be sure, as I fool with these struts every day thanks

post #48 of 101 (permalink) Old 02-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Onsite, I suppose I could see if CED could do better and cancel the Ott order since he obviously hasn't shipped em yet.
Pedders go crazy if any dealer advertises less than their msrp. so thats why ced dont do that. I am not sure why OTT sell stuff at or close to, or even below cost, they have done that with gauges for example. Makes no sense to me. Someone can figure it out.

so good luck. Pedders are very slow to get shipments in from Oz, and supply is an issue if you dont have the capability to buy large inventory. CED and Tom are capable. But they have an inventory, but they dont give the stuff away, and neither should they. But some folks buy 100% on price, and it seems to me, like buying on eBay the deals can go south.

CED and ZZP are two reputable vendors as far as I can see. I thought ZZP are a preferred vendor on here. OTT is not.

And I am here as a private individual thanks to Eric.

post #49 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

ZZP is no longer a supporting vendor on this forum. Its very expensive to advertise on just one of the autoguide forums. The best deals are when you advertise across all or multiple autoguide forums.

06 Silver RL |
|
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #50 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMRedline View Post
ZZP is no longer a supporting vendor on this forum. Its very expensive to advertise on just one of the autoguide forums. The best deals are when you advertise across all or multiple autoguide forums.
wow good to know;btw Pedders from CED are well priced, and have inventory for delivery. How well priced? Less than quoted on here? Call 4 urself lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in