Pedder Pedders on a Redline - Page 6 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikredline11 View Post
wow good to know;btw Pedders from CED are well priced, and have inventory for delivery. How well priced? Less than quoted on here? Call 4 urself lol
Shipping is lightning-quick too (or you could move close enough to pick up parts like I do) Tom is great to deal with, no brainer, no headache.

The thought is pure ambiguous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
got ur email so i will send u pictures. I dont think the spacer will fall out on anew part but I have parts to look at in stock and will check because normally on the Ions the cobalt nut, just like GC says, wont fit. so I will try to help and we can see if it all is as it seems ; I want to be sure, as I fool with these struts every day thanks
I want to be sure as well, don't want the damn suspension to shit out on me a few months after buying it all.

On another note CED gives you damn near employee discounts on GM products. If you're trying to buy cheaper OEM parts than that, you are probably getting used/not as dependable parts.

My car topped out at 140 miles per hour, this morning.
I need NOS. Two of the big ones, and I need it tonight.
post #53 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aikidoshadow View Post
I want to be sure as well, don't want the damn suspension to shit out on me a few months after buying it all.

On another note CED gives you damn near employee discounts on GM products. If you're trying to buy cheaper OEM parts than that, you are probably getting used/not as dependable parts.
i agree but I found better cobalt spring hats with superior design for our use adapting to Ion redline. flatter bearing seat, taller center section to retain bearing with spacer, and less money lol
so you gotta check/.Also an OEM saturn lsj head gasket kit with tty bolts is waaay less money than identical set for a cobalt...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #54 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
i agree but I found better cobalt spring hats with superior design for our use adapting to Ion redline. flatter bearing seat, taller center section to retain bearing with spacer, and less money lol
so you gotta check/.Also an OEM saturn lsj head gasket kit with tty bolts is waaay less money than identical set for a cobalt...
How much are you selling the conversion kit for? I may jump into pretty soon.
post #55 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
That's sounds worth looking into. When you get thing situated let everyone know and I'd start that swap out. I saw that the parts from other non-delta models like malibus (or one of those cars) use the same one bolt connection for the struts.

post #56 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:24 PM

Okay got some new GM strut mounts from CED picked up today. So now I have the complete parts to review.
quick glance:
2004 original redline rubber in hat is smaller.
2012 OEM strut mount is made in china , comes with the original bearing style and a mechanical locking nut instead of nyloc.
2011 OEM replacement (Dorman) strut mount looks same as 2012, but made in Taiwan.
2004 and 2012 cobalt and Ion spring hats (different diameters) OEM made in Canada
2012 OEM replacement ( wont say lol) hat made in Taiwan

etc. I will email you pictures cant get to it before tomorrow afternoon.

ALSO. my Pedders, on car for a couple season never seen any winter or salt, corroded and paint chipped ( took photos) did not go for warranty as.... meh
but I did media blast and re powdercoat. Looks like they are going straight to pc without media blast based on what I could see.
AND my quest to review these springs show clearly that any aftermarket spring so far is inferior to OEM springs, but OEM springs can break. I got piktars of that.

Pedders are the best after OEM.

that may change lol

post #57 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Interested in seeing what the strut mounts nut looks like in your shipment. Thanks Qwik.

post #58 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

Interesting. I guess GM will do whatever it takes to save a little money on parts.

06 Silver RL |
|
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #59 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 PM

Ok so after a month waiting on Ott I cancelled the order and got them commin from Tom. Thanks Quick fer the CED info they will hopefully be here Friday and maybe get on over the weekend.
post #60 of 101 (permalink) Old 03-21-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
Ok so after a month waiting on Ott I cancelled the order and got them commin from Tom. Thanks Quick fer the CED info they will hopefully be here Friday and maybe get on over the weekend.
not a big surprise here lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in