lowering kit, - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

lowering kit,

hello,
I want to lower my car, and i was wondering if anyone had and ideas on what to get and how to go about installing them.
thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Likes "Cheese" and "Head"

https://www.redlineforums.com/forums/...d-rl-pics.html

06 Silver RL |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnbracing View Post
broken shit Is par for mcclure
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 09:28 AM
whore whore whore whore

kind of a vague question

are you looking for performance? looks? what size rims and tires do you have?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-22-2012, 09:04 AM

i was actually looking to do the same thing... eyeball on this thread
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 PM

I have my eye on this as well... mostly concerned with performance...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 10:35 PM

Coilovers for performance but they will cost you. Springs most considder Pedder to be the best but they require add ons because they only come made for the cobalt. Eibach, Tein, B&G, SSC/CM are out there but are becomming harder to find for Redline and are being sold from a Ion standpoint. Our cars sit lower so if the drop is 1.75 on a base Ion it will be more like 1.4ish on the RL. The cheapies are debated for quality some stand by theirs and others say they suck. I dont think anyone complains about Pedder they are twice the cost but prolly 5 times better than the rest. I just bought mine and am waiting for them to get here.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
Coilovers for performance but they will cost you. Springs most considder Pedder to be the best but they require add ons because they only come made for the cobalt. Eibach, Tein, B&G, SSC/CM are out there but are becomming harder to find for Redline and are being sold from a Ion standpoint. Our cars sit lower so if the drop is 1.75 on a base Ion it will be more like 1.4ish on the RL. The cheapies are debated for quality some stand by theirs and others say they suck. I dont think anyone complains about Pedder they are twice the cost but prolly 5 times better than the rest. I just bought mine and am waiting for them to get here.
What are the better coilovers to get? I know some other cars owners (SRT, SVT, others) I have heard from bag on the Megan COs... Ive heard good things about K-sports from people but does anyone have EXP with them on a redline?

$1k isn't too bad for coils since koni's alone will cost 500+ and you still need mounts/springs... a koni setup +pedders setup puts you nearly at the $1k mark without mounts and camber plates.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2012, 11:56 PM
SHO

I do not think I've ever heard anything good about ksport.....

Personally, if 1000-1500 is an option, I'd buy KW's.....simple fact of lifetime warranty. Perhaps I'm biased though, I've got INOX KWv3's on the bimmer

13 Abarth
05 zx10r turbo
04 zx10r
95 mtx
95 318ti
88 Pulsar SHO
63 IH c1500

05 IRL long gone

drunk tibbett production in progress...

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO View Post
I do not think I've ever heard anything good about ksport.....

Personally, if 1000-1500 is an option, I'd buy KW's.....simple fact of lifetime warranty. Perhaps I'm biased though, I've got INOX KWv3's on the bimmer
1500 would probably be the limit, and depending on what comes with them.

What about the pedders coilovers... they have them available for the ion at over the top... Im assuming this leaves out the top mounts, as the pillow mount option is not available on the IONs I know a lot of people here like the pedders coils, and actually i was reccomended those +FE5s vs coilovers... but like i said spending $1k+ on suspension, adjust-ability has an advantage

The other option would be BCs which are available thru modern performance, but they are only available as a cobalt coil.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2012, 05:09 AM

Kw variant 1 coilovers for simple lowering purposes, for looks and a slightly stiffer still comfy ride. Kw variant 2 for autox or road racing, the 2s are compression adjustable as well as lowering adjustable. Simple lowering springs are the cheapest but your stock shocks will not mate up and ride and cornering will not be optimal for on track or autox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in