front and rear camber help and how to - Page 2 - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity View Post
Not something I would pursue given the heavy understeer tendencies of the platform.
This....I want our trailing arm to get the hell around in the corner, not keep me in it.

My car topped out at 140 miles per hour, this morning.
I need NOS. Two of the big ones, and I need it tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:02 PM

you DO NOT want more negative rear camber.

it will make the car understeer more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocsfinestredline View Post
interesting considering the older threads posted here have guys racing with -2 and -3 in the rear but apparently it serves no function.....?
older threads also have people running 2.5" pulleys and boost bypass mod and all kinds of other weird things we consider "no-nos" today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for my rant. I do appreciate the help since I am not familiar with this sort of idea. Just seems like overtime someone tries something different some people on here seem to bash it before it even starts. I want a pretty aggressive stanched look. My car is not a daily driven car. it actually doesn't get to see the road as often as it should. It basically goes from my garage to a show or meet and then back. which hopefully will be changing this summer but either way I am looking to get a little camber so I can tuck some rather wide rims in both the front and rear. Dom from here started working on this a while back and stopped updating so im starting from scratch. He seemed to have more problems in the front then in the rear so its possible the rear will need no camber. which would be good considering your above statements. thanks for the help. and any pictures would help. looking to pick up adapters this week just trying to play around with the numbers so i order the right set.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocsfinestredline View Post
Sorry for my rant. I do appreciate the help since I am not familiar with this sort of idea. Just seems like overtime someone tries something different some people on here seem to bash it before it even starts. I want a pretty aggressive stanched look. My car is not a daily driven car. it actually doesn't get to see the road as often as it should. It basically goes from my garage to a show or meet and then back. which hopefully will be changing this summer but either way I am looking to get a little camber so I can tuck some rather wide rims in both the front and rear. Dom from here started working on this a while back and stopped updating so im starting from scratch. He seemed to have more problems in the front then in the rear so its possible the rear will need no camber. which would be good considering your above statements. thanks for the help. and any pictures would help. looking to pick up adapters this week just trying to play around with the numbers so i order the right set.
I was too lazy to read indepth about your whole situation but if you're trying to do stance for the S2k then send [email protected] a message on the forum.. hes a buddy of mine and has a slammed s2k.. he has some knowledge on the subject and knows ppl with A LOT of knowledge on stance in general.. easiest way to find him is to search my thread haters gonna hate and go to the last few pages and he should have some responses there.. i'll let him know you need some help

Self Proclaimed DEAL KING aka DEAL CHAMP aka Lil Flippa aka Deal Stealuh aka BARGAIN BIN RAPIST ... I can buy it cheaper than you can steal it.

Last edited by TheAuthor17; 02-28-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: FUCK A SUCKA MOTHA FUCKA.. Ok?
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the advice but i think you misread it or i cant type. his s2k is doing pretty well im looking to do a mildly stanced car that is still functional for what i use it for. shows
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAuthor17 View Post
I was too lazy to read indepth about your whole situation but if you're trying to do stance for the S2k then send [email protected] a message on the forum.. hes a buddy of mine and has a slammed s2k.. he has some knowledge on the subject and knows ppl with A LOT of knowledge on stance in general.. easiest way to find him is to search my thread haters gonna hate and go to the last few pages and he should have some responses there.. i'll let him know you need some help

Last edited by rocsfinestredline; 02-28-2012 at 07:25 PM.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 06:33 PM

Just from working with Author, I do know that, if you're going to use an adapter, make it as thin as you can. Even the stock redline wheels don't offer a ton of room for lower offset wheels. Are you going to be doing any work to the fenders? Does your friend with the S2K have any stock AP2 rear wheels? If he does, try test fitting those when you find some adapters. They're 17x8.5 +65 if I remember correctly. I know that is not as wide as you would like, but it might give you a better idea of how much offset you will need in whatever wheels you pick out. You also said something about running stretched tires. Any thoughts on about what sizes you would be using? Sorry to answer aquestion that wasn't directed at me in the first place with a ton more questions but you may be able to get away with less camber than you think if you take the right steps.

I've never owned a Saturn... But I have helped screw garage door stripping into one's bumper. Pretty sure that makes me guilty by association.

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

currently I am lowered 1.75" all around so im most likely going to be forced to pick up coilovers. any and all advice would be appreciated. I am not familiar with this sort of thing. I do body work and systems on the side not this.

Last edited by rocsfinestredline; 02-28-2012 at 07:25 PM.
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 PM

Props to your friend for running those wheel sizes on the S2000 too. I want to go with some wider wheels but my low budget for parts and the fact that I REALLY don't want to have to pull my fenders is keeping me from it. Any clue what kind of offsets he's running?

I've never owned a Saturn... But I have helped screw garage door stripping into one's bumper. Pretty sure that makes me guilty by association.

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM

Those wheels of his friend's would probably not do a whole lot for you. When I was looking at adapters for redlines with Author, some of the smallest that we found were 20mm. That would mean that those wheels will effectively be 9.5 with an offset of -5. The Battles you were talking about would be 9.5 +3. Any clue what the sizes are on your current wheels? I can crunch some numbers right quick to at least give you an idea of the difference. I would say that you will probably want to hunt for lower offsets if possible. Battles are sick wheels though, seen a few nice looking cars with them.

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-28-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: I can't fuckin spell.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in