front and rear camber help and how to - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

front and rear camber help and how to

what are the different options to achieve some negative camber in the front and rear. I know eibach makes camber bolts to adjust the fronts up to 1.75 but what other options are their for the front and rear. (new to this) working with a buddy who is used to his s2k trying to achieve a more flush/ stanced out look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 10:46 AM

You can't really do anything to the rear. Except for looks, you wouldn't want to anyway because it hurts handling.

Fronts you can do camber bolts or slot the strut tower, but unless you're cranking every turn, you're going to wear the inside edges of your tires much faster.

probably your simplest solution is to use good 5mm spacers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Q: What's the difference between a bolt and a screw?
A: First, you screw. Then, you bolt.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

thanks I just ordered some camber alignment bolts to achieve -1.75 and ordered shims for the rear not sure how much it will change it though does anybody know?

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 01:58 PM

you mean camber shims? don't use them. you will bind up the brakes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM

I'm assuming he means these.

My car topped out at 140 miles per hour, this morning.
I need NOS. Two of the big ones, and I need it tonight.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

those are what i purchases for the front but what can i do about the rear? if shims will not work....
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 03:46 PM

don't make me quote myself.

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden chicken View Post
You can't really do anything to the rear. Except for looks, you wouldn't want to anyway because it hurts handling.
You're just not going to get much support in pursuing hellaflush negative camber here. Not good for the car either in handling or reliability and I don't think anyone here is looking to make their car worse on purpose.

It's your friends car, he can do what he wants but if you want hellaflush, mexiflush or toiletflush you're going to have to look elsewhere.

The thought is pure ambiguous

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxity View Post
You're just not going to get much support in pursuing hellaflush negative camber here. Not good for the car either in handling or reliability and I don't think anyone here is looking to make their car worse on purpose.

It's your friends car, he can do what he wants but if you want hellaflush, mexiflush or toiletflush you're going to have to look elsewhere.
interesting considering the older threads posted here have guys racing with -2 and -3 in the rear but apparently it serves no function.....?
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocsfinestredline View Post
interesting considering the older threads posted here have guys racing with -2 and -3 in the rear but apparently it serves no function.....?
only person I know of that ran negative camber in the rear was ScottHerbert and he had -1.5 by using shims, not -2 or -3.

quotes from the shortbus...

Quote:
Adding to my earlier, if any of you have an 07 or earlier (I had an 06 Redline) and you look closely at the rear axle, you'll see that the hub bolts through a steel plate and the caliper bolts to that steel plate - and the plate is separate from the axle. It's easy to shim the entire plate out to 1.5 degrees of negative -- I did it and autocrossed that way for some time (BTW, the shims are nylon and steel and I found no significant wear after more than 25,000 miles of use).
He was also on Hoosier A6's for racing.

Warren Wang, who is another respected delta racer said he wanted less traction in the rear

Quote:
Let us know if you manage to make this work. I'd be more interested in it for the toe adjustment than camber. I'm happy with how my tires perform in back. I need LESS traction in back, not more :-P
I just googled "rear negative camber ion redline"

Your choice again but not something I would pursue given the heavy understeer tendencies of the platform. Apologies as I misunderstood the hellaflush reference was to your friend.

The thought is pure ambiguous

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in