Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

need to raise my back...

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  sw2low 
#1 ·
i have the pro kit on my car now...i need to raise the back bad...i was looking into helper bags but cant find the ones that fit our cars...i have seen one for vues and the hhr...would any of those fit on the ion?..im also going to put my stock springs back on the back to help bring it up some...what about putting on air shocks if i can find the right kit for the helper bags?..

thanks...

#3 · (Edited)
If ya puttin yer stockers back in why would you need those? unless ya carryin 1500lbs of subs. Ive had 800lbs of bricks in my trunk with stockers and it sat about where my pedders sit now. If ya just want a cheap fix they make things called spring helpers usually used for trailers but I had some in my old SL2 cause the springs sat lower in the back. they just chunks of rubber ya wedge between the spring ring.

#4 ·
#6 ·
your hand looks like a fetal pig from high school biology...

#10 ·
ok so i put the stock ones back on...wow did it lift it up...lol...maybe 4 inches or more...the only thing that has me wondering is i didnt have a hat or anything to put on the top of the spring...when i got my stock springs back thats all i got...should there be something on top besides the bumpstop??.

#11 ·
There's no hat for the rear springs, just the foam insert for the bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.