sorry, another quick FE5 LCA question! - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Arrow sorry, another quick FE5 LCA question!

God I hate the search function on this forum - "FE5" not a searchable word...been looking all day with no straight answers!

I have a pretty much stock 05 IRL with 150k miles on her...B&G RL lowering springs on it and FE5 front struts and RL strut mounts...
LCAs are shot- grooves in the fwy can cause unannounce lane changes!!!
I work at a whoelsale auto parts wherehouse and called my buddy at the Chevy dealer for stock LCAs for my car - Dealer employee discount $96.45 /each!!! Oh and BTW the Left arm is on Backorder...ugh!

So I have read the FE5's LCAs are a direct fit(SS/SC type-I know) but what years do I look them up for? Sorry not up on my 'Balt tech knowledge!
And the fact that Im running the RL springs and FE5 struts - FE5 LCAs are still a direct fit replacement, correct? NOTHING else I have to modify/change?

Also, best place/prices for the FE5 LCAs?

Thanks a ton guys!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"bLaCK and SiLVeR MaDaMmE #38"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2012, 07:42 PM

the ball joint post size changed from 19.5 to 20.5 more or less in 2008. 2005-2007 supercharged is what you would be best with. Best price/ball joint size for your car is available at rockauto.com...dont buy ac delco ones unless u are racing your car (oem) use the alloy cheaper ones, they are made in Taiwan but they are well made and all of those ones have 19.5 ball joint pins.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Doorman is the ONLY brand listing a "FE5" suspension LCA on RockAuto.com ...so I dont know if thats the cheap "made in Taiwan" ones you were talking about, because Doorman, like ACDelco is actually a OEM for alot of GM/Chevy parts too...

Hmm...My company has an account with Doorman and this will meet the $100 min order they require for us, guess Ill see if my shop cost is cheaper than Rock Autos...
but its also about the same as my Dealership employee discount on the Redline stock LCAs...
Any specific advantage to runnin the FE5 LCAs vs the Redline stock replacements?

Whats the "FE3 Sport Suspension" on? Is that the RL suspension?

Thank you again!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:59 PM

FE3 is the stock RL suspension
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:40 AM

anything fe 5 for cobalt is alloy arms. anything less than fe5 (fe3, fe1) are steel arms. U want alloy. Replace in pairs. Dorman made in taiwan. Many GM parts are now sourced OEM in China which is possibly a larger market than the USA for GM manufacturing.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

You guys are awsome!

THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in