fe5/eibach prokit help - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

fe5/eibach prokit help

Hello..My name is Scott and I am new to this forum.

My ion 3 2.4 sedan has 65,000 miles on it. I've already replaced the control arm bushings and sway bar links. I'm planning on installing fe5 struts/shocks, eibach pro-kit springs and sway bar bushing next weekend. So far these are the parts I have:

19181521 (506-683) strut
19181631 (506-684) strut
(2) 25793745 (560-582) shocks
3898.140 springs
19240716 (45G1572) bushing

My first question is..will this even work with the parts I have so far?

If these are compatible so far..my next question is what other parts do I need for this conversion?

Specifically hats, seats, isolators, mounts, bearings etc..

I would like to have everything on hand to assemble and not reuse parts off the old assembly unless I have to. Also I had read that I will need to reuse the nut off my old strut assembly because the nut on the fe5 strut is too long and will not work on the Ion. Is that the only issue I will run into? Should I buy a new saturn nut so I can avoid removing the old one? If so what is the correct part # for just this nut?

I've read so many different things that I am thoroughly confused and I only have 1 attempt at this so I better get it right. Part numbers would be greatly useful. Also if I can't find OEM parts will Monroe replacements work..and if so for which parts?

Thanks in advance for any help..I really appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06this View Post
Hello..My name is Scott and I am new to this forum.

My ion 3 2.4 sedan has 65,000 miles on it. I've already replaced the control arm bushings and sway bar links. I'm planning on installing fe5 struts/shocks, eibach pro-kit springs and sway bar bushing next weekend. So far these are the parts I have:

19181521 (506-683) strut
19181631 (506-684) strut
(2) 25793745 (560-582) shocks
3898.140 springs
19240716 (45G1572) bushing

My first question is..will this even work with the parts I have so far?

If these are compatible so far..my next question is what other parts do I need for this conversion?

Specifically hats, seats, isolators, mounts, bearings etc..

I would like to have everything on hand to assemble and not reuse parts off the old assembly unless I have to. Also I had read that I will need to reuse the nut off my old strut assembly because the nut on the fe5 strut is too long and will not work on the Ion. Is that the only issue I will run into? Should I buy a new saturn nut so I can avoid removing the old one? If so what is the correct part # for just this nut?

I've read so many different things that I am thoroughly confused and I only have 1 attempt at this so I better get it right. Part numbers would be greatly useful. Also if I can't find OEM parts will Monroe replacements work..and if so for which parts?

Thanks in advance for any help..I really appreciate it!
Ya have to take the nut off to get the old ones out just reuse it. Everything you have looks good the only thing ya need is the top hat kit
More Information for MOOG K160012

I would also suggest
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026M5R0S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

I took the old struts off today and the bottom spring insulators and bump stops are broken to shit. It my daily driver so had to put it all back together so I can order new ones. I had ordered new mount kits (rubber, bearing, washer, top spring insulator) but of course there was nothing wrong with those parts at all. FML

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

PS you don't have to remove the nut in question unless you want to re-use parts off your old assembly..or the nut itself like in this case. The nut that mounts the strut to the vehicle is not the one in question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in