Stock springs - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 12:28 AM Thread Starter

Stock springs

Ive been starting to think i need new springs but because of where i live i don't want to go lower. My car has 120XXX and doesnt seem to wanna hold more than 2 people. Even when its just me i can hear the tires hitting the wheel well. Not sure if its just how they are or they're worn out. I'll pretty sure they're just toast and if that's what y'all think to are they're any stock height upgrades out there? Tia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 ION Redline silver metallic w/ chrome wheels, zzp 3.1 pulley, zzp 40lb injectors, zzp stage 2 tune, zzp cai, zzp 2.5" dp, obx 2.5" stainless catback, zzp steering rack spacers, fe5 shocks and struts, tein s-tech springs, upgraded fe3 LCAs, kumho ecsta uhp tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryer Adan View Post
Ive been starting to think i need new springs but because of where i live i don't want to go lower. My car has 120XXX and doesnt seem to wanna hold more than 2 people. Even when its just me i can hear the tires hitting the wheel well. Not sure if its just how they are or they're worn out. I'll pretty sure they're just toast and if that's what y'all think to are they're any stock height upgrades out there? Tia
Crateenginedepot.com search the cobalt section for yyz spring setup. Best on the market. Slight drop but not much with progressive rate.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 08:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLINE1313 View Post
Crateenginedepot.com search the cobalt section for yyz spring setup. Best on the market. Slight drop but not much with progressive rate.
my stockers were worn out and I did the yyz springs and its actually higher than it was with the worn out ones. my tires werent rubbing but I no longer scrape every driveway I pull out of. very happy with them.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 11:45 PM

Garage
When do your tires rub??? When you hit bumps or when you turn??? Front ... back ... booth?? 120k your suspension is definitely wore out especially if previous owner didn't maintain car.. check the color of your springs... green = tien ( junk).... red = eibach or canuck springs ... black =stock.. somebody could if chopped the springs giving it a lower ride height as well.... stock springs at 120k still should be good IMO... replace shocks, struts, sway bar bushings, control arm bushings (front and back), endlinks ( go with stock moog sucks), check tie rods add well.. if you do the work yourself your looking at 800 on a guess at the price

Yyz springs will drop front and back roughly 1,25" they are stiffer springs for performance.. but they were well worth the money for me
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

They rub when i hit bumps in the front end only as far as i can tell. they're definitely stock. Ive done fe5 shocks struts and the end links recently and threat helped, but i guess i didnt relize how bad the springs were. When doing that i found out i need some upper strut bushings also so its gotta come apart again anyway. Plus i was planning on lca swap also.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 ION Redline silver metallic w/ chrome wheels, zzp 3.1 pulley, zzp 40lb injectors, zzp stage 2 tune, zzp cai, zzp 2.5" dp, obx 2.5" stainless catback, zzp steering rack spacers, fe5 shocks and struts, tein s-tech springs, upgraded fe3 LCAs, kumho ecsta uhp tires
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 09:05 PM

Garage
I looked around and didn't find any springs online... if your looking for the same ride height with some better performance would try and find some new stock cobalt ss 08-10 springs....I think I still might have my stock springs if your interested... 86k on them and I didn't have sn issue with them
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-30-2018, 01:47 PM

Think I still have my redline springs in the attic with like 18k on them lol
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 03:24 AM

When do your tires rub?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

No rubbing issues anymore. I ended up going with the s-tech springs.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190219_131419.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	30952  

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryer Adan View Post
No rubbing issues anymore. I ended up going with the s-tech springs.
Do you have any more pictures of your IRL on Teins? I've been looking to get them for awhile now.

Any bounciness or weird vibrations from the them?

Thanks!

Stage 2, 2.9" pulley... that's about it

265k miles and counting!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn ION RedLine Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in