Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opprotunity to take a 350 Z for a spin last night. My ex gf's dad has one. When I stopped by to visit she asked me if i wanted to take it for a ride. O sure.

I took it for a ride about a year and a half ago and back then, it felt fast as hell to me b/c i was used to driving a 4 cyl. chevy s-10 pickup (slowest truck ever made i think). This time, it didnt impress me as much. Don't get me wrong, it was still fun as hell to drive, its just that im used to driving something thats decently quick now.

Does anyone know the 0-60 time on the 350's?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
this should be in off-topic, but the 0-60 for the Z is:

C&D: 5.4
MT: 5.49

both from 2002, from the first page google provided me...

·
Registered
73 Posts
0-60 mph : 5.4 sec.
0-¼ mile : 14.1 sec @ 101.0 mph
Top speed : 155 mph(electronically limited)

This is off modernracer.com. I don't know how accurate their information is though. Here are the numbers they have listed for the redline

0-60 mph : 6.3 sec.
0-¼ mile : 15.3 sec @ 94.5 mph
Top speed : 144 mph

·
Registered
710 Posts
What?

5.4 seconds?! The G35 is 6.1 aint it? I didn't realize that the 350Z was that much lighter.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the 350Z had a little more hp 287 to the G35's 280 for 2005 the G35 has 298

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
re1080 said:
and i think that's the base, the two higher-up models had something like 300hp didn't they?

·
Registered
289 Posts
re1080 said:
The Z might be a little faster, but not as much as you might think. There are guys running low to mid 14's here with very few mods. I always liked the Z's, but they heavy, heavy, heavy.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Have a guy here with a convertable '04... the thing is a tank. I tried to get him to race me coming back from lunch and he wouldn't! The guy is like 22, just bought it, installed big rims, and an intake, and let the Saturn goose it next to him for 1/2 mile and then I just mashed it and left him. He won't race anyone in it.

I'm pretty sure he woulda whooped me, but he didn't even try. Another guy here as a Maxima that has known him for a couple of years, and he won't race the Maxima either...

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i wouldn't think the convertible would whoop us, that's a lot of added weight and they're beastly in the first place. probably pretty even

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The weight isn't that much more on the vert, the frame on those things are a ton, it's shared with like the Frontier or something. That's where all the damn weight comes from on those things. I looked up the numbers once, and I remember thinking it wouldn't have been pretty... not sure though. I know his is 287 horses, maybe a couple for the intake.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sp00ner said:
The weight isn't that much more on the vert, the frame on those things are a ton, it's shared with like the Frontier or something. That's where all the damn weight comes from on those things. I looked up the numbers once, and I remember thinking it wouldn't have been pretty... not sure though. I know his is 287 horses, maybe a couple for the intake.
doh!

didn't think that they wouldn't have to really re-enforce the frame much more, if any to do convertible on those. let's see...

track coupe (300hp) = 3225 w/manual (only)
touring coupe (next down) = 3247/3239 (manual/auto)
touring roadster (nicer convertible) = 3462/3479 (manual/auto)
enthusiast roadster (base) = 3428/3445 (manual/auto)

i guess there really isn't TOO much of a difference, especially since they've got more than enough power to toss them around.

BTW - the above figures are quoted from MSN autos, which i've found to be fairly accurate with their numbers

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's still 200 lbs... might just be the weight of the mechanics for it and such. That poor Eclipse, trying to compete with this thing...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Vita said:
track coupe (300hp) = 3225 w/manual (only)
touring coupe (next down) = 3247/3239 (manual/auto)
touring roadster (nicer convertible) = 3462/3479 (manual/auto)
enthusiast roadster (base) = 3428/3445 (manual/auto)

Don't forget, not all those models have the same HP rating either. I was going to post this in the kills section but everyone in there gets to be so self-serving, I was behind a 350Z convertible on an on-ramp for the highway. I downshifted into 3rd and got the jump on him merging. There was a lot of traffic, but he never managed to catch me (I base it more on the traffic for the reason and not the speed) They're quick cars, but if we can get a jump on them it takes them a bit to catch up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts