Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my buddy at work mentions he has a G-Tech. I say, hey bring it in, I'd like to check out my 0-60 time.

Well he brought it last night. It was an older model.

Let me start by saying that the roads were slick last night. There wasn't any rain but there was enough moisture in the air to form a nice, thin layer of wet muck on the road.

I couldn't launch for shit. I kept spinning the wheels even at a lower than usual RPM. My best time was a 7.01 seconds. :( I was kinda disappointed but hey, the road conditions were not very favorable for such a test. I'll bet in a dry road condition I could shave maybe 3 to 5 tenths off of that.

Anyhow, he says he'll let me borrow it sometime if I want. I think I'll take him up on that soon. It also does 1/4 mile times, 0-100, horsepower ratings etc.

Don't know how accurate it is but my other friend Tony used it on his "Super" SHO last night to check his 1/4 mile time. He ran a 13.33 at 118 which he says is pretty close with what he can do at the track. (Usually really high 12's to low 13's)

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
i love my gtech its pretty accurate on my truck I havent used it on the redline yet. But Im sure its pretty close did you get to test the HP with it.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
goofyguy said:
i love my gtech its pretty accurate on my truck I havent used it on the redline yet. But Im sure its pretty close did you get to test the HP with it.

No, not yet. You have to enter in the car's weight and stuff for that and we only had 10 minutes left for lunch break when we went out and ran it.

Like I said, he'll let me borrow it and then I'll do HP, 0-60 again, 0-100, 1/8th mile and 1/4 miles times as well. :D

I'm still kinda bummed about the road condition last night. I KNOW my car could do a bit better than a 7 sec 0-60.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haunter said:
dont dont fret, 0-60 is the most worthless performance stat EVER

LOL!!!

Well, I figured since I've read some mags giving it a 6.7 0-60, and considering the roads were a bit wet that 7 secs probably isn't too bad. :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
I borrowed my buddies once and we did three runs.
First:
0-60 6.5
1/4 14.7

Second:
0-60 6.0
1/4 14.3

Third:
0-60 6.2
1/4 14.5

I got my best launch ever on the second run. No wheel hop or chirping, just grip.
I think the 14.3 would probably be a 14.5 at the track, cause my buddies Tiburon runs 15.2 at the track and 14.9 on the g-tech. But who knows maybe we run better on the street. Besides it would suck if i really ran a 14.3 without any credible proof, like a time slip.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My buddy let me borrow his G-Tech and I did three quick 0-60 runs on the way home from work this morning with more favorable road conditions.

First run was a 6.53

Second-6.36

Third- 6.80 (terrible launch though)

Man, Redlined, that must have been one hell of a launch to hit 6 sec flat. I have the G-tech for a couple of days and you've set a goal for me. :D

I'm gonna try and get a few 1/4 miles times tonight at work because we have a nice stretch of road that is hardly ever traveled out there. It's the same strip we always race each other on.

·
Registered
416 Posts
RedLined said:
I borrowed my buddies once and we did three runs.
First:
0-60 6.5
1/4 14.7

Second:
0-60 6.0
1/4 14.3

Third:
0-60 6.2
1/4 14.5

I got my best launch ever on the second run. No wheel hop or chirping, just grip.
I think the 14.3 would probably be a 14.5 at the track, cause my buddies Tiburon runs 15.2 at the track and 14.9 on the g-tech. But who knows maybe we run better on the street. Besides it would suck if i really ran a 14.3 without any credible proof, like a time slip.
Did you get double digit gas mileage?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Damn, now I want to borrow someone's G-tech! Haha, anyone in the Bay Area got one???

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
tampa bay or san francisco bay doesnt matter they are only 30 bux

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn. It's been drizzling off and on all day today and they are forecasting scattered showers for tonight.

I don't think I'll be able to do some quarter mile traps and times in this crap. :mad:

Not to mention, ever since I bought a black car I have grown to really dislike the rain. :mad:

·
Registered
767 Posts
I just got my car back from getting a new cat put in, and there is 2" of snow on the ground. Damn you Colorado!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have seen these for years, but never used one, how do they work, and how close are they to real world numbers?

By the way, on the way home from work today, RSXType S passed me going about 90. Thought what the heack, and decided to keep up with him. Interstate opened up and so did he. Well, being the mature person that I am... oh screw that,I decided to run with him still. I stayed right behind him up to about 110, at which point, went ahead and pushed the pedal down the rest of the way and went around. i was surprised at the pickup the Redline still has at the higher speeds. I think the RSX was also. Don't know what they are capable of, put I think they are around the same ponies at the Redline. Fun run though, we gave a nod and wave and let off back to the real world.

Now, I know, hyper legal speeds on the road is dumb. But I did it and it's done. I come from years of sportbike riding and have seen first hand what can happen at high speed. Just still have some speed in me.

·
Registered
609 Posts
They actually dont have the same whp as us. Theres is rated at the crank, and if i believe right at the wheels from dynos they ahve about..... 186whp and 160wtq?? Dont remember. But i hope it helps! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts