Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my friend is going to be getting a used wrx. its completly stock, and i think i am a better driver. i know hes going to get me from the dig, and the best bet is to do around 35 and drop it into second for the RL's powerband so im going to try that. what do you think? i know im going to keep up no problem, its just going to be VERY close i think.

·
Registered
134 Posts
remember to keep your car in the power band and i think it will be about dead even. If he doens't keep it in his power band then you'll win, they have turbo lag to deal with. Let me know how it ends up Jay

PICKING MY CAR UP FOR SURE NOW, HURRY UP SATURDAY!!!!

·
Registered
158 Posts
i raced an 02 last night, from a 40 i took him by about 7-8 cars. from a 15 i spun in 1st and a little in second and still beat him by 4-5 cars. my friend was driving it and hes and amazing driver. the owner let him drive it cuz he sucks in comparison to him.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
7-8 cars eh? theyve got 220hp. well those cars must have some bad turbo lag then. thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
158 Posts
theyre also bad from a roll becasue they have to deal with the parasitic loss from the AWD.

·
Registered
767 Posts
From a dig he will win, but if you are moving at about any speed, you will win. Good luck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
LoungeLizard said:
From a dig he will win, but if you are moving at about any speed, you will win. Good luck.
not saying your wrong but that doesn't make any sense. Considering we have almost instant boost with a s/c and they have to build boost, so it should in all relitave terms be the other way around. JMO later Jay

·
Registered
487 Posts
DIG means moving and in LOW RPM's where I come from

we have stop dig and roll

stop, obvious

dig, low speed or low in gear, tests total powerband

roll, when you both are in the powerband/spooled

·
Registered
134 Posts
haunter said:
DIG means moving and in LOW RPM's where I come from

we have stop dig and roll

stop, obvious

dig, low speed or low in gear, tests total powerband

roll, when you both are in the powerband/spooled
exactly what i mean, if they reace form a "dig" then that means his boost is building, wouldn't it be better to race him from a stop, better for us that is? U get my point?

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lumina - he is right when he says that i will most likely lose from a dig (stopped). Incase you didnt know, WRX's are AWD. it will beat me out of the whole every single time.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
the reason u can not win from a dig is not a matter of power its a matter of traction with awd he is gonna be able to launch at a high rpm and get all his power to the ground where we have to launch at a low rpm to keep will spin/hop down so if u start from a roll that is not really a problem that is why it is better to race an AWD car from a roll

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
of course he will win out of the hole....but im saying rolling, i think i will give him a run. i know when we line up though, hes going to be gone.

·
Registered
679 Posts
No worries GaRsNoW, Where im from ther is a yellow wrx that tucks his tail and turns the other way. He knows best not to mess w/a redline. Us being both stock and a friend of mine he admitts both to lossing from a roll and a stop. Now granted hes no Al Unser behinde the wheel, just a rich kid that drives back and forth from his dads bizz doing mail and shiz. Now on the modded hand dont count on it. I choose my battles wisley but I did get fresh with a wrx that was highly modded and handed me a can. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Ha I know the one your talking about. I got him on 19 once and never saw him again. I was amazed myself but its a older wrx with a shiny can right.

·
Registered
679 Posts
its the 1st yr for the wrxin the off beat yellow color, and it has a sport muff from factory kinda like on our cars. he thought he was gunna win. Hehehe!:)

·
Registered
189 Posts
from a roll you win no contest I have drove numerous WRX's and they suck from a roll from a roll they will get kill by a redline because of their very noticeable turbo lag. From a standstill however is a diferent story they are plenty fast because of their high rpm AWD launch but even then I believe you can take him just watch your traction at take off and wheel hop

·
Registered
138 Posts
man i dunno what wrx ur racing but redlines cannot take them. they are just faster cars by a decent amount too. my good friend has an 02 with exhaust and rapes me each time i race him...i drove it yesterday and the acceleration is much more intense.. i have another friend with an 04 srt and off the line the srt losses to the wrx each time and cant catch up till about 80....and we all know the srt is much faster than the redlines

·
Registered
679 Posts
well the exhaust helps free up alot of hp on wrx alomost 15%. Just like our headers but w/20%. Maybe your just not a experianced driver yet to be running w/the big boys. But like i said,"the wrx was stock just w/a sport muff from factory." And i also ran a srt4 04 atfter the track and he kept a stong car-length on me the whole time and he was not stock. You just dont know your redlines potential. You need to see my vid when its finished. Srry for being a comming off lil strong but I dont like it when people ? my truths. I have no reason to make it up,i just post for people to know.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts