Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as I was getting my recall work done yesterday at Saturn of Irving, (took them 12 hours because they claimed they were short a few techs) I was sitting around for 1 and a half hours w/time to kill so I asked a Sales associate if I could drive an 05 because of the questions I had about the hessitation I was noticing. I couldn't believe the difference! I'm not sure if my vehicle is just having some issues but the clutch felt far superior to what was in mine. My clutch lets out with the same resistance throughout the whole pedal-travel while the 05 had a noticeable difference about half-way up/down. The resistance on the 05 was tight initially, but then half-way up you could feel it engage and then pedal feel was extremely light and MUCH easier to shift than my 04. I drove the 05 around the block and the first thing on my mind was, "I wonder how much different my payments would be?". I think I'll take my car in soon and let them figure out what's wrong w/my clutch set-up (oh and it is definitely NOT a difference in my "worn" out clutch compared to a "new" clutch because if anything it felt like MY clutch was new and still very tight and difficult while the 05's clutch was very light and effortless). :confused:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i have an 04 and i recently went to a dealer to ask about lsd..(dealers dont know anything)...and i sat in a 05 and thought that the clutch was much softer than my 04.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
I think every manual car the clutches will feel a little different. But don't quote me on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts