Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Saturn ion redline. 90k mi. original motor. 40k mi 5 speed redline trans w/new clutch. runs and drives great "when she wants to." I had no probs with this car until I left her "lay low" for a few years. fired right up with new gas and battery. problem is youll be cruising along perfect for a varying amount of time n then shell just shut off. then it either wont start, will start but runs so bad it wont run long, or itll fire up n run perfect like nothing ever happened. ive found if I pop hood after it dies, and shake the harness around it will fire up n take off again. so I believe its a wireing problem. maby a mouse got to it or something. its almost all original. only added parts are blacked out wheels, chrome lip, strut tower bars, and long ram true cold air intake. blue on black. ive had a bad relationship with this car over the years and im tired of her black cloud with me. not that its a bad car just don't agree with me; laundry list of fines, arrests, attraction to being scratched, bumped, stolen, etc. and the police seem to follow me around in it. was gonna watch her through the crusher but I cant do it. I love the car too much. so just want someone to take her away. not looking for $. best offer takes it over $1000. I took the seats, center console, e-brake system, and carpet for a custom truck job I did. for a decent offer I may part with these items. no promises tho. otherwise its a complete nice car. no rips tears or major wear on interior. everything works. clean car. needs rear bumper refinished. front bumper may need be repaired or replaced. scratches through pass side due to going thru wire fence and wonderfull friends taking her out of garage for joyride while I was away. no major accidents that I know of. clean clear title and vehix report. located area code 19567 brand new drilled n slotted front rotors, freshly restored engine compartment . pics are current w/o rotors, engine bay resto, and partial interior removal

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
damn. id buy this in a heart beat if I was closer.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Mine did something similar turns out it was a sensor. Forgot the name of it but its under the car behind the intercooler pump. After I changed that she ran perfectly and never shut off on me again.

Edit: It was my crankshaft position sensor!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I still have it. But I need offer like instantly. In a bind n have to trade it for a dire needed trans for blazer. I need
Agreement tonight or early tommoro before I have to make the deal. Not a joke

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Yeah I still have it. But I need offer like instantly. In a bind n have to trade it for a dire needed trans for blazer. I need
Agreement tonight or early tommoro before I have to make the deal. Not a joke
If I were you I'd get the car scanned and fix whatever code is thrown (If there is a code) You'd get a hell of a lot more money for the car if it runs without randomly shutting down. Plus it'll be easier to sell..... just saying.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Gonna be pretty hard to drive outta there with no seats....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts