Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I haven't been here in a LONG time. I want to apologize for the newb post, as I feel I might get roasted for this one. I just picked up an 06 redline with a rod knock, after being out of the game for 6 years so I am a little fuzzy. I know on the 04s the trans mounts are different, and some of the electrical is different/wired backwards. I want to know if i can pick up an 04 engine for my 06? the 04 engines in my area seem to have less miles and a cheaper price tag.

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Yes you can.
I believe it was just the intercooler pump on the 04s that were wired backwards. And something with the speed sensor for the trans on the 04

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
And welcome back! No roasting here :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's been so long I forgot that the red line community doesn't roast! That's good news for me so hopefully I can get this thing going sooner rather than later

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
At least here we don't. The Facebook groups are a different story

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's true. I think I'm just gonna go with a Saab b207r engine and do the modifications to make it fit. They're a lot cheaper and a loteasier to come across

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Not hard to make work either. Believe you need all the lsj sensors, lsj cams, and to plug the return line on the back of the block

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hoping all goes well. Engine should be at the shop tomorrow or Monday to begin modifying for the transplant. Hopefully I can get it done quick enough. I don't think they would be happy if I tied my lift up for too long

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Once you have the motors side by side it shouldnt take to long.
If you have time wouldnt hurt to throw a new timing chain on it too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I'm gonna check over everything. I get a gm discount so I'm gonna try and do oem and get an oil pump as well and replace most of the gaskets on it

·
Super Moderator
1,405 Posts
Def a good plan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts