Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I haven't been here in a LONG time. I want to apologize for the newb post, as I feel I might get roasted for this one. I just picked up an 06 redline with a rod knock, after being out of the game for 6 years so I am a little fuzzy. I know on the 04s the trans mounts are different, and some of the electrical is different/wired backwards. I want to know if i can pick up an 04 engine for my 06? the 04 engines in my area seem to have less miles and a cheaper price tag.

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Yes you can.
I believe it was just the intercooler pump on the 04s that were wired backwards. And something with the speed sensor for the trans on the 04

Reactions: Mike94SL2

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
And welcome back! No roasting here :)

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
At least here we don't. The Facebook groups are a different story

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Not hard to make work either. Believe you need all the lsj sensors, lsj cams, and to plug the return line on the back of the block

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hoping all goes well. Engine should be at the shop tomorrow or Monday to begin modifying for the transplant. Hopefully I can get it done quick enough. I don't think they would be happy if I tied my lift up for too long

·
Super Moderator
1,643 Posts
Once you have the motors side by side it shouldnt take to long.
If you have time wouldnt hurt to throw a new timing chain on it too

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hoping all goes well. Engine should be at the shop tomorrow or Monday to begin modifying for the transplant. Hopefully I can get it done quick enough. I don't think they would be happy if I tied my lift up for too long
I know you’re pressed for time, but that would be a great time to clean up and treat or repaint your subframe off it needs it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry everything has been hectic. The subframe looked good. The only rust I have found is a little where the door closes and some hidden by the fuel tank. The b207r is in, running, and plated. Had to order a new pcm and also found that the instrument cluster doesn't belong to the car so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that one. Thanks for the advice

1 - 13 of 13 Posts