Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any word on the 2005 models,i really wont one of these cars and i have put 350 miles on a 04 redline last week,but i wonder if it would be worth the wait and get a 05.Are they supossed to have {lsd} limited slip diffs, and more hp??????????????????

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i sure hope not :mad:

j/k, i really hope so, then i can do the same things they did to my car, would be really nice to have a LSD

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
?

nobody has any info on the 05 redline,if they are making it or what will be different,pics,nothing?????

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great job, this sucks

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
im pretty sure they're keeping it hush hush like the regular ions (as far as i know)

either way i don't think the '05s are going to be out in time for you to do an even trade for one, they probobly want to push out the '04s

·
Registered
92 Posts
Vita said:
j/k, i really hope so, then i can do the same things they did to my car, would be really nice to have a LSD
I have also heard rumors of a LSD for the 05's, but I also have heard they may not make the Redline after 05 due to poor sales thus far.

I am hoping the first is true not the second!!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
personally i hope they stop making them making mine rare...

if they do offer a LSD, they better make it an option for us '04 owners...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have not heard anything about them cancelling the RL. Besides, it doesn't make sense to me to quit making a car after two years (especially since there are no major flaws or things that can't easily be fixed). Besides, Saturn has spent too much time and money on making this car perform. It would be a really bad business decision. Poor sales aside, the RL is a really(!) good car, and like I've heard you guys saying, Saturn needs an aggressive sales campaign.

Oh, I can tell you now that there will not be any changes to the interior or exterior of the car. And possibly a PCM upgrade (that was just a whisper, not for sure!).

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Kory Miller said:
I have not heard anything about them cancelling the RL. Besides, it doesn't make sense to me to quit making a car after two years (especially since there are no major flaws or things that can't easily be fixed). Besides, Saturn has spent too much time and money on making this car perform. It would be a really bad business decision. Poor sales aside, the RL is a really(!) good car, and like I've heard you guys saying, Saturn needs an aggressive sales campaign.

Oh, I can tell you now that there will not be any changes to the interior or exterior of the car. And possibly a PCM upgrade (that was just a whisper, not for sure!).
mmmm... PCM upgrade...

we can only hope!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think that if they do decide to upgrade the PCM, they'll probably just reprogram it like they have done to other cars in the past. Ex. the VUE had a few problems that were solved with a simple reprogram that took about 10-15 mins. Just my prediction.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Kory Miller said:
I think that if they do decide to upgrade the PCM, they'll probably just reprogram it like they have done to other cars in the past. Ex. the VUE had a few problems that were solved with a simple reprogram that took about 10-15 mins. Just my prediction.
Do you think that they will offer that to all of us that have supported them and have already puchased the RL.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i would think that it would be offered to original supporters, with the redline being less of a hit than expected, i don't think they want people badmouthing saturn/the redline because of that. though i think if there was an upgrade there will probobly be a few hp squeezed out of the engine, unless they really want the cobalt to be better, but i figure the cobalt/redline to be like dsm's of the past, being the same car really, just sold under different names.

only difference i think is the transmission, though i could be wrong, anyone know for sure, i thought i read that it was specific for the cobalt, which hints to me that it is not on the redline

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I was at a Saturn dealer the other day where they had three '04's and one '05. The salesman told me the only difference is the spoiler and they are gonna offer the '05 in red as well.

·
Registered
187 Posts
From what I know, I asked the salesman when I bought mine, and he said that red as color option was the only thing they were changing.. but it would be nice to have a couple of upgrades for us 04 owners!

·
Registered
125 Posts
paintedblack said:
From what I know, I asked the salesman when I bought mine, and he said that red as color option was the only thing they were changing.. but it would be nice to have a couple of upgrades for us 04 owners!
Yes, so basically, if someone buys a 2005 while there are still 2004's on the lot, they will be paying, in effect, a $3,000 premium for no updates at all. I certainly wouldn't pay that kind of premium for a color. However, if a person isn't going to be in the market for the car for a couple of months anyway, then it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
too bad there is no difference, although i'm sure there will be a PCM reflash eventually once the cobalt ss supercharged is out. i still think that GM wants the cobalt to have the thunder, and the redline will benifit as a result

·
Registered
125 Posts
Vita said:
too bad there is no difference, although i'm sure there will be a PCM reflash eventually once the cobalt ss supercharged is out. i still think that GM wants the cobalt to have the thunder, and the redline will benifit as a result
They better allow us 2004/2005 owners the benefit of a reflash if they make modifications. It is not acceptable to deny this to owners of the previous years because the reason they retarded it in the first place was because (from what I read) they hadn't endurance tested the engine that far. If they find out that the engine can handle it and modify the chip accordingly, there should be no reason not to offer this flash to owners of the previous years.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
worst case, they charge a few bucks for it, the only thing i think will be able to be done would be a better tuned a/f ratio anyway, but it would be nice

·
Registered
524 Posts
Vita said:
worst case, they charge a few bucks for it, the only thing i think will be able to be done would be a better tuned a/f ratio anyway, but it would be nice
The reason why I love the hook ups at the dealer... Hopefully they will have a new flash for it in the future.

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts