Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at lunch, I was traveling west on County Line Rd, when I see a Black Acura (early 90s) and a Red Nissian 240sx with Giganturuan coffee can exhausts buzzing like 100 lawn mowers about 150 yards ahead of me. They were "playing" with each other, so as soon as the traffic clears a little bit, I move into the far right lane, to the right of the 240. We stop at a light and I hear an overstated "phisssh" when he lets his foot off the gas. I'm like, cool a contender. We get a green, I launch about 2800 rpms (minimal squeal) and I get about 30ft ahead of him......Wondering what's going on, I let off. I hear him shift and he passes me. I look at him like, were you trying or what? We catch the next light at Quebec and County Line. This time I hold it at redline to let him know WE ARE GOING this time. I let it drop to 2800 again, and we get a green. I shoot out about 15 feet ahead of him (we are both squeeling this time) And I hear the "phisssh" again, I know we are doing this, this time, so I hammer it shift at 6400 rpms, I look back when I hit 3rd, and I can hear him shifting and that outrageous BOV discharging. He didn't even have a chance. I was about 100ft in front of him by this time, and had to make the next left. He waved as he went by and I returned it. Pretty Damn Fun Cars, HOO YAH to the RL!!!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts