Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm wanting my make my car run on e85. I already have a bigger fuel pump and im doing a return full rail on the car. My question is how do I make where I can easily switch it between e85 and 93 octane besides having to plug hp tuner in every time I want to change what fuel im running. I want wondering can I put a flex fuel sensor in it or is there a handheld tuner that i can download custom tunes on to use.

·
Premium Member
2006 Saturn RL Chili Pepper Red 210K
50 Posts
so I'm wanting my make my car run on e85. I already have a bigger fuel pump and im doing a return full rail on the car. My question is how do I make where I can easily switch it between e85 and 93 octane besides having to plug hp tuner in every time I want to change what fuel im running. I want wondering can I put a flex fuel sensor in it or is there a handheld tuner that i can download custom tunes on to use.
You do know changing it to E85 is not s flex-fuel. You'll have to revert back to original equipment each time and have your tank almost empty.

·
Premium Member
2006 Saturn RL Chili Pepper Red 210K
50 Posts
That’s what flex fuel is bro it’s so you have the option of changing it back and forth between regular gas and e85
in a car that came from the factory with flex-fuel, you can change it back to regular gas. In your Saturn, you'll have to swap out parts to run other fuels other than E85. That is all I was saying unless you know of an upgrade so that your Ion's fuel can be swapped out like a factory flex-fuel-made vehicle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts