Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

04 vue STOCK vs. INTAKE DYNO

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BOOSTED 
#1 ·
Its a weird graph and i'll try to post it up, but it shows 3 runs. 1.stock 2.intake 3. intake. Max power was 1. 232.48@ 87F /2. 240.03@ 94.7F / 3. 240.34@ 96.7F. This was with the K&N cold air system. Not bad for a 6

#2 ·
What's driveline loss on a Vue like? They're 250 (255?) stock right? 240 something isn't bad horsepower at all. I do feel the need to take a shot at the Honda motor at this point... if it was an Ecotec it would be 250 at the wheels stock... Sorry, not to piss ya off, just hadda take that shot...

#3 ·
Sp00ner said:
What's driveline loss on a Vue like? They're 250 (255?) stock right? 240 something isn't bad horsepower at all. I do feel the need to take a shot at the Honda motor at this point... if it was an Ecotec it would be 250 at the wheels stock... Sorry, not to piss ya off, just hadda take that shot...
Yea...yea...yea but once they figure out a way to hook up a comp supercharger, and get a reflash worked out you will get O\/\/ned by a suv with Vtech FOO. :eek: On a serious note i hope to see a reflash worked out to firm up shifts, raise the redline ;) , and maybe kick in Vtech a little sooner it will be a little better.

#4 ·
I test drove one of those in some post-snowy weather, and I couldn't get the damn AWD system to stay off, every time I punched it I started sliding like a curling rock! (Curling rock, what an obscure reference to use) I really wanted one, but the damn salesman that day was trying to make his boat payment I think. Good power in one of those things, no one believed me when I told them I test drove a Vue that would spin all the tires. I just hate the fact that GM had to go to a Honda engine to power it. Why not the inline-6 from the Trailblazer, or the inline-5 that was going into the Colorado?? Don't hand money to the very company that you're built to compete against!

#5 ·
Sp00ner said:
I test drove one of those in some post-snowy weather, and I couldn't get the damn AWD system to stay off, every time I punched it I started sliding like a curling rock! (Curling rock, what an obscure reference to use) I really wanted one, but the damn salesman that day was trying to make his boat payment I think. Good power in one of those things, no one believed me when I told them I test drove a Vue that would spin all the tires. I just hate the fact that GM had to go to a Honda engine to power it. Why not the inline-6 from the Trailblazer, or the inline-5 that was going into the Colorado?? Don't hand money to the very company that you're built to compete against!
Just tell me the truth, you were trying to drift weren't you, its ok to tell me.
I agree with you about the engine, why couldn't they throw the supercharged 3800 in it. That would freakin rock. Deff. more potential to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.