Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I didn't see this posted here:
http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/ION/2005/sema2004.shtml

"General Motors is revving up its commitment to meet customers' desires for increased personalization, bringing a variety of exciting new production and concept vehicles to the 2004 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show. Among the many vehicles on display will be a 2005 ION Red Line with a new Competition Package. The package will include a limited slip differential and boost gauge with tachometer; it will be available interim 2005 on the Ion Red Line. Saturn's SEMA offerings also include a Vue that showcases a wide variety of accessories available at retailers. "

So maybe we'll be fortunate enough for them to offer an upgrade to existing owners. I doubt it though :(

It's ok, you can get a 2 inch autometer boost gauge from me for 50 + shipping.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
i would hope that there would some sort of performance upgrade in the competition package. maybe that is being kept hush hush until the cobalt is out for a while, maybe until 2006 models are out :(

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
"Our goal is to make GM vehicles the preferred canvas for customization,"

Well.........hurry up with some AM parts already then!!!!!! :D

I'm still a bit T'd off that LSD wasn't offered as an option on the '04. Seems like that should be offered from the beginning on a car such as this.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
same thing happened with the SRT-4

·
Registered
683 Posts
Pretty funny, I talked to the General Manager at my deaaler, (after buying an 03 SRT-4 and in 04 them getting the lsd, bigger injectors, sunroof option, etc. etc. ) and asked him is there going to be anything different in 05' ? Of course he said no, and here we go again, damn I am cursed, at least it isnt that bad the fuel delivery is the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts