Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flew by an 05 Mustang GT today. Sweeeeet looking red one.

Anyhow, we met up at the next light and when it turned greeen it was on. He got about a half a car jump on me off the line but never pulled more than about two cars on me.

Next light, we met up again. This time we launched dead even and I ran thru the gears perfectly. He didn't pull but a car and a half on me. I was never further behind him than that.

Next light, he rolls down his window and says, "What the hell do you have in that???" I told him it was an ION Redline and it comes stock with a S/C and all I had was an aftermarket exhaust. He said, "That's nice, man. Real nice."

I said thanks and as the was turning green I told him, "As soon as the aftermarket picks up I'll be able to beat you." He gave me a thumbs up and I did the same.

I also raced a green civic with a primered ground fx kit. He pulled up next to me and I asked him if he had anything in there. He said no, but he'd race me anyway. This race was over before I hit 50 mph. So I slowed down and let him catch up and gave him a thumbs up.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah thats sucks..the 04 Redline has been out longer then the 05 Mustang Gt, and even tho it has the new 3v 4.6 its still already has more parts out for it :eek: Good run

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mbhmustang98 said:
Yeah thats sucks..the 04 Redline has been out longer then the 05 Mustang Gt, and even tho it has the new 3v 4.6 its still already has more parts out for it :eek: Good run

Thanks man.

Yeah, our aftermarket support thus far has really sucked. With SCdyne and Psi-Fi, I have a feeling it's about to get a whole lot better.

Once again, the RL holds its own though, so I can't complain too much I guess. :)

You'd better hurry up and get yours man. The word is spreading fast about us. ;)

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
still a sleeper here

Whenever someone at my school asks me what car I have, I always to explain to them that it's basically a suped up version of the ION. People still have no clue what the hell it is around St. Louis and I get a whole lot of "whoa what kind of car is that" looks.

·
Registered
595 Posts
JPK said:
Thanks man.

Yeah, our aftermarket support thus far has really sucked. With SCdyne and Psi-Fi, I have a feeling it's about to get a whole lot better.

Once again, the RL holds its own though, so I can't complain too much I guess. :)

You'd better hurry up and get yours man. The word is spreading fast about us. ;)

I know...it wont be till a few years. If i could get one financed id do it now..sell my SL2 for 3k and buy me an older 5.0 stang and id be happy as can be. I just hope they still make them new when i get one...cuz i want a new car one day finally. If the dont ill get a used one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
It was the same way with my SRT-4,
"It's a neon with a turbo" they would just look at me stupid . . . In fact, it is very similar to the way they look at me when I tell them about my S/C'd saturn . . . :)

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
At School I got laughed at, till I beat a Modded RSX-S from the my school by a car length and he beat me by half a car. Now, I get a little respect.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Haven't seen one in all of this area, LA area (i know there are some, but probably rare) and San Diego Area either. Im sure people around here will be like wha? When i get mine.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Redline686 said:
Whenever someone at my school asks me what car I have, I always to explain to them that it's basically a suped up version of the ION. People still have no clue what the hell it is around St. Louis and I get a whole lot of "whoa what kind of car is that" looks.

lol, yeah I love that "what kinda car is that?" look. when I sport my shades I pretend like I'm not looking at them looking so they stare for longer hehe. When they know that you know you are staring they act like they don't see you. Oh not to "hi-jack" this thread but yesterday I paid $1.00 to get my black plastic valve stem covers for my tires replace with Chrome ones at Discount Tire. I must say I don't know why Saturn put black plastic ones with the alloy wheels on there, big improvement looks-wise :cool:

·
Registered
272 Posts
i love the "what kinda car is that" comments in amazement...i have been challenged very few times and challenged others a lot more...most people will run me...i usually have to wait for them at the next light so we can talk about my win...im getting use to being a sleeper and starting to love it at times :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
TXRLU said:
lol, yeah I love that "what kinda car is that?" look. when I sport my shades I pretend like I'm not looking at them looking so they stare for longer hehe. When they know that you know you are staring they act like they don't see you. Oh not to "hi-jack" this thread but yesterday I paid $1.00 to get my black plastic valve stem covers for my tires replace with Chrome ones at Discount Tire. I must say I don't know why Saturn put black plastic ones with the alloy wheels on there, big improvement looks-wise :cool:
The last ones I had one my car here in Chicago, rusted on and had to be cut off. I had to have new stems put in because I couldn't even open the cap to put air in the tire. Guy there said he would never recommend anything other than the higest quality stainless steel for a valve stem. Even then he said that the valve stem itself usually corrodes to a point where they have to cuy some off. Told me I was like 4th or 5th person that week.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have got to meet up with one of you guys big time, i just can't believe the sc'd ion is that fast. One of our tracks just open'd up in Ky on sunday and one of our local (STOCK) 05 5spd GT's ran a best of [email protected] This was with stock tires and wheel hop. I need to see some time slips, has anyone ran their cars on the track yet?

·
Registered
595 Posts
BOOSTED said:
I have got to meet up with one of you guys big time, i just can't believe the sc'd ion is that fast. One of our tracks just open'd up in Ky on sunday and one of our local (STOCK) 05 5spd GT's ran a best of [email protected] This was with stock tires and wheel hop. I need to see some time slips, has anyone ran their cars on the track yet?

wow thats some good times!!! Most of them are reporting high 13's stock

·
Registered
89 Posts
mbhmustang98 said:
wow thats some good times!!! Most of them are reporting high 13's stock
He's ran mid 13's, he's hopping for 12's with exhaust, drag radials, and cold air. He put down 267rwhp even with he hydro carbon intake filter thing. My friends had a modified 02 gt and it only put down 265rwhp. I think were going to see some good things from these cars.

·
Registered
355 Posts
There is a ton of power lying in wait with the new Mustangs. You will be seeing some real monsters soon. I can't wait to see if one of these running right next to my MR2.

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats funny Gts are running 13.7-13.80s here... Of course we are very humid... F-bodies don't usually go but 13.50s(my personal best is a 13.46 @106, but 13.50 is my par time)...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thats kinda wierd, you got a lot of 05" gt already hitin the track. Last time i seen a camaro with lid,headers,edit, throttle body he only netted 13.80's but it must have been the track. :) Just screwin with ya, You've must have been talkin about pre 05's because the slowest ive heard them do was a 13.60, (stock). You got to hand it to ford for putting the right stuff in them in the first place. 31 spline axes, 3.55 gear, bullet proof tranny, stock motors that are putting down 267rwhp. The hp may seem low to you because the average ls1 i've seen put down 290-300 but for some reason the mustang just works well with its setup, depends on the driver (of course). Where you located?

·
Registered
94 Posts
no i'm talking 05's... But, they were spinning pretty badly... I can see them going 13.60s... They are strong, I'm used to waxing the old Gts and didn't really have to worry about spinning too much(I could run them down anyway)... Now if I spin, I lose...

·
Registered
94 Posts
northwest Bama...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts