Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys…. I bought my 05 ion redline 13 years ago and a couple years later I lost my license for 9 years due to racing. Got my license back a few years ago but finally put my redline back on the road in March 2021. I’m chasing a clutch issue and hoping someone can help. My clutch is fully releasing 1/2in from the floor and I’m grinding gears even with the pedal bottomed out to the floor of the car. I’ve bled it multiple times along with bleeding the brakes and the clutch together. I’ve done it the old school way pumping and purging and I’ve done it with a vacuum system. Nothing is helping. Whats my next step?

I do have a stage 3 transmission from an 04 Cobalt SS with LSD and a stage 3 clutch but I forget what brand. Both were replaced together about 15,000 miles before losing my license… about 20,000 miles on them both now

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Are you loosing any fluid?
Also brand would help. Some of the slaves over extend and cause this issue.
Also, is your clutch master original? I had almost the exact issue when my clutch master went out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you loosing any fluid?
Also brand would help. Some of the slaves over extend and cause this issue.
Also, is your clutch master original? I had almost the exact issue when my clutch master went out
No fluid loss at all. Master is original.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Issue is probably the master then. Theyre known to only be good 30-50k on the ions

Reactions: dgouveia18

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Issue is probably the master then. Theyre known to only be good 30-50k on the ions
Thanks. Was leaning that way but it’s been 8+ years since the car was touched and I’m out of touch with it

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
9 times out of 10 a clutch issue is the master on these. Haha

Reactions: dgouveia18

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should also check to see if you need a spacer for your slave cylinder. Zzp sells them and shows on a video how to measure to make sure you are not blowing out your cylinder because of farther clutch kit than stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should also check to see if you need a spacer for your slave cylinder. Zzp sells them and shows on a video how to measure to make sure you are not blowing out your cylinder because of farther clutch kit than stock.
I’ll check that out. Never would have thought of that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts