Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my best time is 14.9 at 96mph

Now today I went to the track first pass was 15.9 @ 85mph....in 3 gear around 6k the engine hickuped and went down to 5.5k like it hit fuel cut off or something. The car definitly didn't run right and i had a 2.359 60' on that run.

330' 6.6
1/8 10.192 @68

So then i reset the ecu and ran a
60 2.474 ...bad
330 6.742
1/8 [email protected]
1000'13.154
1/4 15.799 @88

then a...
60' 2.297 (sweet)
330' 6.492
1/8 [email protected](couldn't get into 3 gear i have video to show)
1000 12.992
1/4 [email protected] this run might have been a low 15 if i didn't miss 3. But I still think there is something messed up with the PCM the only thing i have is my intake.....I have run stock 4passes intake 3 passes before and 3 today all my times were about 15.0 [email protected] 94-96mph until today so something is wrong with my car.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
535 Posts
Did you miss third in the last video? If so thats about .5 right there. Keep practicing and Im sure you will hit 14.5-14.7 in no time.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Conditions can change quite a bit from your earlier spring runs, to a late spring run.... few tenths dosen't seem broke...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't mean to be picky----but you have a rider. Did you get your best time with a passenger?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
um it was a 130lbs 13yo passanger not that much difference. yes i did miss 3 gear in the last video. But the first run i had a 2.3 60' time It's the drop in MPH im worried about not the times i used to run 94-96mph Trap speed now its below 90. I can see going there and running 15.2 or 15.3 at 93mph in different conditions but not a whole second slower then my average times.

Oh yea my 14.925 run was with a 2.413 60' time

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked the air filter it was kind of dirty ive driven anywhere between 1500-2000 mile with it on through rain and in construction sites where there is wet dirty water. The filter didn't look horrible if you looked inside you could still see light shinning through. But could that have been the problem? I can see if the filter was completely shot but still 7-10mph less in the 1/4mile can the dirty air hurt that much?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nbuddle1974 said:
Korax do you miss third gear alot when running hard. My car seems to not like third gear when I WOT. I have to jam it into to third on a few occasions. Now it is not everytime but aleast a 1/10th of the time.

Actually I made 10 passes down the 1/4 thats the only time i ever missed a gear. I think i tried shifting faster then putting the clutch in. But your 1 out of 10 theory may be right lol. I don't really go WOT to much unless im at the track.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
every 100 lbs is aprox. 1 tenth slower............i had a 230lbs person go with me last time to the track and i ran a 15.3 at 94mph

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
korax your car doesnt seem to move (RPM) wise fast at all. somehting has to be wrong bro my car 1st,second, and 3rd the RPM gauge moves so fast, its not even funny all i have is K & N intake, maganflow exhaust with no resonator, and goofy guy torque brace. if i can get first gear off i right i think ill be in low 14's i mean low!! i raced my bro's Cobalt SS from stop and i beat him by a full car and a half, funny thing is he is a better shifter and he has LSD :p so were im getting at something is wrong go get the latest pcu upgrade and ask saturn they will not void warranty unless u suck up water ;)

i got this info after watchign your videos on street fire no way having a person in car will slow ya down that much i beat my bro with my 200 pound friend in car and still killed him!

gl and dont hesitate go and get her checked a.s.a.p! :)

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
that is odd. let us know what you find out.

and i made my second best run of 15.000 with my girl in the car

my 14.9 was without anyone in

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i ran a 14.4 with gtech but i wanna go to real track to confirm this!!!!!!! i gotta travel to MD soon after i get a header and get dyno'ed then all i need is some better tires , ill then go to cecil country drag strip and see wht i can do! im hoping for a low 14 or even a 13.9!!!!

my car seems to be faster than most of r cars i raced this one guy and were both stock at the time i beat him by almost 2 cars! then my bros cobalt SS i beat him by a car and a half (from a stop) from a roll i pull nasty!

I got K & N intake, magnaflow exhaust setup, goofy guy tq brace, voltage stabilizer thingy for battery plus a capacitor. I Want a header asap but it must have cat and be carb legal! :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
i ran a 14.7 thats my best........korax get that kid outta ur car...stop missing gears...shift better and learn to launch..no excuse for mid 15 second time slips

1 - 20 of 23 Posts