Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife called and asked me to drop her check book off at her work and I didn't have to pick my kids up from school for 40 minutes. So I decided to cruise around and see if I couldn't instigate a race or two. :p

Not long after I began my quest, I saw a GTP that looked to be about a 99 and had catbacks. I catch up to him and the road ahead was clear. I rev at him and he shakes his head. Off we go from a 55 mph roll. I pulled on him and maintained about a car to car and a half length up to 110. I hit my brakes and so does he. He gestures a friendly thumbs up and we go our seperate ways. Good run.

Next I pull up behind and S2000 at a stop light. I see him eyeballing my car in his rearview. The light changes and off we go. He easily pulled about 2 to 3 lengths on me and I could not catch him. I took it all the way to 130 and then both slowed down. Once again, I recieved a thumbs up from the guy and I did the same.

Nice to see a thumbs up from both drivers unlike the rude Audi TT driver I beat the other morning. ;)

Both my kids will be in school tomorrow again. Instead of sitting around the house I think I'll go search for prey again. :)

I LOVE this car and can't wait for all the upgrades.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
careful hunting as I call it. Cops dont like to see peeps toying with cars. but have fun.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goofyguy said:
careful hunting as I call it. Cops dont like to see peeps toying with cars. but have fun.

Oh, I know. I always keep a watchful eye for the po po.

This stretch of road I always go "hunting" on is only busy in the morning and around 5pm. I've lived here two years and it's rare to see a cop on this stretch of road but I do keep an eye out.

It's raining here today so no racing. :(

·
Registered
283 Posts
This morning around 1:00 a.m. was the only time I've seen cops speed through Nasa Parkway. From 60 to 80 mph in a 45 mph zone. They break the rules and we don't. If we do what they do, it's pull over time. No Fair.

Oh yeah, I don't own the saturn ion redline. I'm setting my car set-up for a t3 turbo within Saturn Motorsports aftermarket for 2.2L Ecotec.

·
Registered
118 Posts
JPK said:
The wife called and asked me to drop her check book off at her work and I didn't have to pick my kids up from school for 40 minutes. So I decided to cruise around and see if I couldn't instigate a race or two. :p

Not long after I began my quest, I saw a GTP that looked to be about a 99 and had catbacks. I catch up to him and the road ahead was clear. I rev at him and he shakes his head. Off we go from a 55 mph roll. I pulled on him and maintained about a car to car and a half length up to 110. I hit my brakes and so does he. He gestures a friendly thumbs up and we go our seperate ways. Good run.

Next I pull up behind and S2000 at a stop light. I see him eyeballing my car in his rearview. The light changes and off we go. He easily pulled about 2 to 3 lengths on me and I could not catch him. I took it all the way to 130 and then both slowed down. Once again, I recieved a thumbs up from the guy and I did the same.

Nice to see a thumbs up from both drivers unlike the rude Audi TT driver I beat the other morning. ;)

Both my kids will be in school tomorrow again. Instead of sitting around the house I think I'll go search for prey again. :)

I LOVE this car and can't wait for all the upgrades.
I know how you feel, I'm out there lurking for a dual from
anyone, especially on saturday nights.
I have run into a 04' gt all stock, easy win for me.
and also a 90 5.0 mustang, another easy win.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Srry Jpk about the s2k, im not ?ing your driving skills bit it should have been a no brainer. But like you said you were behinde him, so you could have launched bttr if you were side by side. Our cars stock from a stop can take em up to entering 5gear then the V-tec at 9k-rpms catches up but by then the race is over may carlenths, and then from a roll its like racing a geo metro :eek: But by allmeans keep stalking the prey, get into the redline spirit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts