Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you have the stock Redline wheels or some other chrome after market wheels you need to buy Meguiar's Hot Rims® Chrome Wheel Cleaner. If you don't like detailing your wheels with chrome polish every time you wash your car then this is for you. You spray it on your rim and rinse it off 15 seconds later and all the brake dust is gone, leaving your wheel with a more then acceptable shine. And this stuff is cheap, only about $6 a bottle. I found my new wheel cleaner.

http://www.meguiars.com/?wheel-care/Hot-Rims-Chrome-Wheel-Cleaner

·
Registered
2,102 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have used meguiar's hot rim wheel cleaner and It really works better than you'll expect it to. I used a soft brush to gently scrub away debris and my rims almost looked brand new.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you have the chrome wheels? cause if not you should'nt have used it because I'm really not sure, cause I threw my bottle away, but I thought it said only for chrome or chrome plated wheels.Sorry to hear that tho. If you do have the chrome wheels then I would call the company and complain.

·
Registered
833 Posts
IonRL said:
Do you have the chrome wheels? cause if not you should'nt have used it because I'm really not sure, cause I threw my bottle away, but I thought it said only for chrome or chrome plated wheels.Sorry to hear that tho. If you do have the chrome wheels then I would call the company and complain.
Yep got chromies-car hadn't been driven for about 10 hours, so they were nice and cool and sprayed the cleaner on watched my watch and at the 10 second mark hosed them off. Ate the fuckin clear right off. Yet another reason why I'll never use Meguiars shit ever again.

·
Lurking Diplomat
397 Posts
I've tried just about everything I can find to get the rims clean. What works best? Believe it or not, DAWN DISH SOAP. Takes the shit right off. Minimal scrubbing, everything comes off clean, no issues whatsoever. DAWN DISH SOAP.

Shining 'em up I use Mothers' chrome polish. Awesome shit.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Yea i use to use it on my 22's. Never had to touch the rims it just melted everything off then i rinse it off and dry for a sparkling clean every time...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts