Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we were driving around yesterday getting supplies for my friend's mom, they're building a new house, so we took out their 2003 Excursion (7.3L Diesel, chipped, auto trans). The thing, for an 8000 pound car, was fairly quick.

We were looking around to race something and finally, after picking EVERYTHING up (3 buckets of paint, 10+ bags of quickcrete, 8 sheets of WonderBoard, 3 boxes of tiles, 3 190 pound occupants, so this thing was loaded down), we got a little yellow Ranger with a ton of stickers & a loud exhaust that pulled up next to us, and HE started to play with us! Soo the light goes green, my buddy floored the throttle, and we just immediately walked on this Ranger, I'd say roughly 3-4 car lengths before we shut it down at 65, we waved at him and he did a ricer blow by a few minutes later.

It was a riot; sorry it isn't a Redline kill but it was way too funny not to tell.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Good Kill! You can chip an SUV?

That is pretty funny! :p

Maybe you should start a Race Class for everyone! I can just see it now:
A Firetruck, rusted Minivan, & Wood-paneled Station Wagon all lined up at the lights with engines revving... ;)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Icon said:
That is pretty funny! :p

Maybe you should start a Race Class for everyone! I can just see it now:
A Firetruck, rusted Minivan, & Wood-paneled Station Wagon all lined up at the lights with engines revving... ;)
the firetruck would own them all :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
johnboy8221 said:
the firetruck would own them all :D
Hey, maybe with the 4 wheel steering, it would corner best! ;) To make it interesting, how about we add in an Autocross segment and throw in an Articulated Bus and Cement Mixer? Chipping and engine remapping allowed of course...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Those Stroke Motors can get LOTS of HP and Torque!, There is one that runs 10s with like $2500 in it with stock internals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts