Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in service at a Jeep dealership here in Colorado. This morning an 04 Liberty comes up the drive with a 16 year old kid driving it (his parents bought it for him). All he wanted was an oil change, and to check the steering because it is pulling to the left. We could already tell he had been in the mud because we could see red clay packed in the wheelwells. I knew this was going to be a serious job just because of how dirty the underside looked. We get it up in the air and there is about 1" of clay/mud caked all over the undercarrage. We decided that we would have to charge extra to get it all off because we couldnt see any of the steering components to fix them, or the oil pan to change the oil. Well, after about 45 minutes we had gotten enough of it off to tell what was going on. We called the father to find out what the kid had done to it. He said, "he just ran it through some mud". "You better come down here sir". When he got there we explained all the damages. We decided that he launched it off a couple jumps in this mud hole. With just a visiul inspection we KNEW it needed: botH A-arms, trac-bar, front pads rotors calipers and assembelys, rear drums shoes and inner assembly, rear driveshaft, rebuild front and rear diffs, all 4 shocks, front springs, radiator, water punp, ac lines, tranny cooler lines, t-case rebuild, front skidplate, t-case skidplate, crossmember, both indipendent axle shafts, 3 tires, 2 wheels because the alluminium blew apart, and the frame is bent. Remember, this was just by looking at it, we havent taken anything apart yet. The bill so far with parts and labor is over $13,000. I don't know weather to feel sorry for the owner, or for his son, because his dad is going to kill him.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice wheel

Brakes shouldnt be that color.....

Nice

Ouch

Wheres the oil pan?

Thats not right.....

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If the pics dont show up right away, right click and hit show picture. If that dosen't work, reload the page.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
This is the reason that my son (when he becomes legal driving age in about 12 years) will get a USED vehicle. LOL!!!

My dad always said that the fastest way to **** up a car was to let a teenager drive it. :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
bmx5045 said:
me 2 ... im 17 and i treat my car better then i treat my self .... lol id take a bullet for it
I can't believe you guys are going to contest statistics. If teenagers weren't hard on cars, then pray tell why are you (or your mommies and daddies) paying ten times as much for insurance than the rest of us?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts