Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
"1993 Sunfire Yellow Formula 1 of 69, runs 11.90's"

Damn that's a hot ass car but it's one of the oddest sunfires I have ever seen ;)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Silv04RL said:
off the bottle with just intake and exhaust ran 13.1 at 105.7
Wow! That's a good number for just the LM and intake. Wish my 97 SS would have run low 13's all motor. The black ZR1's look good on there as well.

How come you are selling it?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
So it's like a Sunfire version of the Fire Hawk. I had now idea these were even made. The should have made more.

·
Registered
674 Posts
dipolley said:
So it's like a Sunfire version of the Fire Hawk. I had now idea these were even made. The should have made more.
:confused: Your joking right.......

I hope so, but if not thats the name of the color on that car.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's some sort of anniversary edition isn't it? I remember there was a group of 5-6 guys that would meet at my starbucks in the parking lot facing a group of 40 Subaru's, in the other lot, every Thursday. One of them had that exact same looking car, I talked to him for a few min since I love F-bodies.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2002 are the anniv editions, and they made 2000 of em or so. in 1993 they made 69 yellow cars. and then the color was dropped in 94. brought it back for the 2002 CE. and yeah the Color is Sunfire Yellow, not a sunfire.....

Selling it cuz i cant afford it and the RL both. needed the RL for the college commuter. that car wasnt going to cut it for long trips all the time.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Curious, how much does it cost to post a car on ebay? Silv04RL

Im still trying to get rid of my truck so was wondering.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
MotorMouth said:
Wow! That's a good number for just the LM and intake. Wish my 97 SS would have run low 13's all motor. The black ZR1's look good on there as well.

How come you are selling it?
What did your ss run? I have about $1,000 in mods in my bird now and went from a 14.3 stock to a 13.3 now.

·
Registered
674 Posts
clownhair said:
What did your ss run? I have about $1,000 in mods in my bird now and went from a 14.3 stock to a 13.3 now.
13.48 was the best I could muster out of it. Mods were BBK single cat mid lenth headers,no cat, 3" mid pipe and singel 3" exhaust with SpinTech muffler, SPEC stage II clutch, the various free mods and a K&N in the stock SS air box. I had 5 to 8 degrees of knock that I could never manage to get rid of. I think it might have had a spun rod bearing but I'm not sure. Was never audible and I was not able to track it down. I sold the car because I hurt my knee getting out of it a couple of times and for me, being a short guy, it was not very comfprtable to drive. Was a fun car though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
clownhair said:
but he was already getting knock. Could have been false knock from the headers themselves. I had my pcm desensitize the knock sensor.
I was using the LT4 knock module as well but still had issues with knock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts