Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving down beach street when i saw a camaro..i have ALWAYS wanted to race one..so i drive by at the stoplight and rev him up..there was traffic but he eventually downshifts and takes off and gets ahead of me..he turns i turn we both take off and i barely gain on him..we get up to the light and wait for green..we rev up and it turns green and were off!!!!!!...we both spin out and he takes about a 1/2 car on me..as we go i am barely catching up on him..eventually after about a 1/3 mile i pass him..i get about 6 inches ahead of him and he lets off...he gets in the left turn lane and i he tells me he had a few mods to his car (intake, clutch, exhaust, pulley)..i asked how much horse and he didnt know...and he commented me saying that my car is quick..when we were racing it sounded like he was shifting early..maybe i was wrong but he must not of know to race that well..but it was sooooo close..it was so awesome...i love my car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice Kill The driver must not have been on the top of his game .. But like they say a win is a win and yours was awsome.

Good Job...

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sp00ner said:
HAHAHAHA!
Yea, they are, they're not a Viper, or Vette, but an SS is fast.

low - mid 14's isnt that impressive compared to the LS engines

however you cam and heads it and the difference between and LT1 and LS1 start to dissappear minus the wegith difference

Ya know the fastest 4th gen fbody is? Its not a SS or a WS6, its a Firebird Formula V8. No suspension upgrades so it squats on its ass nice, and without all the extra BS options its the lightest in stock trim. The only the WS6/SS has over it, is meatier rear tires

The difference between running a LT1 4th gen and a LS1 4th gen with a RL, is the LT1 will win by a few cars instead of a few buses

but then again, I dont consider Redlines all that fast, hella quick, but not that fast :)

and for the recond, my SC2 is 'peppy'

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
my auto 94 trans am with intake and exhaust, put down a best of [email protected], but on a average day ran 13.8-13.9's. and i guess a redline with intake and exhaust runs a 13.9 so....

·
Registered
31 Posts
my friend has a 94 camaro z28, 110 thousand miles on it, its got headers and intake, and runs 13.1 at 109 with street tires, not even drag radials. and its automatic
.... i say thats not too shabby

·
Registered
196 Posts
did Camaro build a SS in 95?.....I dont think they came out until 98....I remember my cousin went and bought one

·
Registered
674 Posts
jamesfoster said:
they didnt make the ss camaro in 95...
Correct, the first year of the SLP SS cars was 1996. It was known as a Z28/SS and there were a limited few made, somewhear near 2,000 as I recall (don't quote me as I cant recall specificly). The 96 and 97 are the best years IMHO, the 98+ cars did not have that hand built, bolt on chericter that the first SLP cars had even though they were a tad faster. Yes LT1's are a bit slow buy todays standards but back in the mid 90's there were state of the art.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts